|Dawood Ibrahim Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|December 26, 1955
Dawood Ibrahim is an Indian mob boss, criminal, drug lord, and terrorist who has reportedly served as the head of the Indian organized crime syndicate D-Company, which he co-founded in Mumbai in the 1970s alongside his brother Shabir Ibrahim Kaskar. One of the most wanted criminals by the Indian government, he has been involved in terror funding, murder, drug trafficking, gunrunning, extortion, and money laundering.
Khed, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, India
Dawood Ibrahim studied at Ahmed Sailor High School located in Dongri. He eventually dropped out.
Mob Boss, Criminal, Drug Lord, Terrorist
- Father – Ibrahim Ali Kaskar (Served as a head constable with the Mumbai Police)
- Mother – Amina Bi (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Shabir Ibrahim Kaskar (Older Brother, d. February 12, 1981) (Criminal), Iqbal (Brother)
- Others – Junaid Miandad (Son-In-Law, Mahrukh’s Husband), Ayub (Son-In-Law, Mehreen’s Husband), Saniya (Daughter-In-Law, Moin’s Wife)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dawood Ibrahim has dated –
- Mehwish Hayat – Dawood Ibrahim has been romantically involved with Pakistani film and television actor, voice artist, singer, and model Mehwish Hayat.
- Mandakini – He was also linked with former actor Mandakini who is known for having been cast in films such as Ram Teri Ganga Maili, Aag Aur Shola, Pyaar Karke Dekho, Hawalaat, Jeete Hain Shaan Se, Maalamaal, Naag Nagin, Jung Baaz, Pyar Ke Naam Qurbaan, Taqdeer Ka Tamasha, Desh Ke Dushman, and Hisaab Khoon Ka.
- Anita Ayoob – Reportedly, he has also dated former Pakistani actress and model Anita Ayoob. It is also alleged that Dawood Ibrahim killed a producer named Javed Siddique in 1995 after he refused to cast Ayoob in a film.
- Zubeena Zareen – He has been married to Zubeena Zareen.
Note – Dawood Ibrahim has a son named Moin Ibrahim and three daughters named Mahrukh Ibrahim, Mehreen Ibrahim, and Maria Ibrahim.
Race / Ethnicity
Dawood Ibrahim is of Konkani descent.
10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)
Dawood Ibrahim Facts
- He was a teenager when he started committing fraud, theft, and robbery and soon joined the gang of a don and local gangster named Baashu Dada. It was part of the local organized crime syndicate. However, Dawood Ibrahim parted ways with the gang in the late 1970s and eventually created his own gang with his older brother Shabir Ibrahim Kaskar.
- After the murder of his brother Shabir Ibrahim Kaskar by the rival Pathan gang, he became the boss of his gang known as the D-Company. The gang was mainly involved in gold smuggling, real estate, extortion, and drug trafficking.
- In 1986, Dawood Ibrahim fled from India to Dubai as he was wanted by the Mumbai Police for the murder of Samad Khan. After that, he further expanded his gang with the help of his former close aide Chhota Rajan and the gang eventually expanded to having more than 5000 members and bringing in tens of crores of rupees in revenue annually by the early 1990s.
- Following the 1993 Mumbai Attacks, he was named one of the masterminds behind the attacks by the Indian government.
- Dawood Ibrahim was declared a “Global Terrorist” by the Indian and United States governments in 2003 and Dawood has been on India’s “Most Wanted List”.
- It is believed that he has had contacts with al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and Dawood also traveled to Afghanistan under the Taliban’s protection in the late 1990s. It was reported by India Today that it was Dawood Ibrahim who provided the logistics for the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
- The government of India handed over to Pakistan a list of 38 most wanted criminals in 2006 and the list included Dawood Ibrahim.
- In an interview with India Today, Chhota Rajan said, “He [Ibrahim] does travel out of Pakistan once in a while but Karachi is his base.”
Featured Image by India Today / IndiaToday.in