|Pitobash Tripathy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Year of Birth||1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Pitobash Tripathy is an Indian actor, theatre artist, and producer who has worked in both Bollywood and Hollywood. His filmography consists of movies like Shor in the City, Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Dobaara, An Indian Tale, Million Dollar Arm, Total Dhamaal, Mom, Mirch, 3 Idiots, I Am Kalam, Go Goa Gone, Begum Jaan, 99, Aida, Shanghai, Aalaap, Joker, Kalira Atita, and French Biriyani.
He was born in 1984.
Nayagarh, Odisha, India
He divides his time between –
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Pitobash Tripathy studied at Government High School, Unit 1, Bhubaneswar. After that, he enrolled at Buxi Jagabandhu Bidyadhar College in Bhubaneswar and pursued higher secondary education.
Then, he attended the Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology in Kolkata and graduated with a Bachelor of Technology degree in 2005. Pitobash Tripathy also has a diploma in Acting from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), a film institute under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India located in Pune.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Producer
- Father – He worked for the agriculture department.
- Mother – She was a school teacher.
- Siblings – T. Hrusikesh (Older Brother) (Actor). He has 2 more older brothers and 2 older sisters.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Pitobash Tripathy is of Oriya Brahmin descent.
Pitobash Tripathy Facts
- He was raised in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- At the age of 12, Pitobash Tripathy received the National Bal Shree Honour from the President of India in the field of creative performance.
- In 2009, he made his debut theatrical film appearance as a salesman in the Hindi-language crime comedy film 99.
- He was seen as Junior 7 in the 2009 Hindi-language coming-of-age comedy-drama film 3 Idiots, starring Aamir Khan, R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Omi Vaidya, Kareena Kapoor, and Boman Irani.
- Pitobash Tripathy co-starred as Laptan in the 2011 Hindi-language drama film I Am Kalam.
- Alongside Sendhil Ramamurthy, Tusshar Kapoor, Nikhil Dwivedi, Preeti Desai, Sundeep Kishan, Radhika Apte, Girija Oak, Amit Mistry, and Zakir Hussain, Pitobash co-starred as Mandook in the 2011 Hindi-language crime drama film Shor in the City. For this performance, he won the Screen Award for “Best Comic Actor” as well as was nominated for a Filmfare Award for “Best Supporting Actor” and an IIFA Award for “Best Performance in a Comic Role”.
- Pitobash Tripathy played the role of Dedh Taang in the 2013 Hindi-language gangster film Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Dobaara!, the sequel to the 2010 film Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai.
- He brought to life the character of Amit Rohan in the 2014 American biographical sports drama film Million Dollar Arm. It is based on the true story of Indian baseball players Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel.
- In 2019, Pitobash Tripathy started appearing as Bittu Amritraj (Kalpesh’s store assistant) in the web television sitcom Metro Park.
Featured Image by Pitobash / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0