|Radhika Apte Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 7, 1985|
Radhika Apte is an Indian actress whose performances in films like Andhadhun (2018), Pad Man (2018), and Manjhi – The Mountain Man (2015) have been well-received by critics and fans alike. Although she began her career by playing supporting roles, her strong theater background has helped her become one of the finest performers of this generation. Be it in films, television, theater, or online streaming platforms, Radhika has always played challenging roles and is gradually becoming a highly sought-after name in Bollywood. She has a strong fan base of more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram, whom she keeps updated regularly with her work projects.
Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Initially, Radhika attended a regular school but then, she and some of her friends were homeschooled by their parents.
Radhika studied at Fergusson College in Pune and graduated with a degree in Economics and Mathematics. Later in 2011, she enrolled herself at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance in London and studied contemporary dance for a year.
- Father – Dr. Charudutt Apte (Neurosurgeon, Chairman of Sahyadri Hospitals)
- Mother – Dr. Jayashree Apte (Anesthesiologist, Former CEO of Sahyadri Hospitals)
- Siblings – Dr. Ketan Apte (Younger Brother) (Business Head at Sahyadri Hospitals)
Radhika is represented by –
- United Talent Agency situated in California
- London-based talent agency Curtis Brown Group Ltd
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Radhika Apte has dated –
- Tusshar Kapoor (2011) – Actor Tusshar Kapoor and Radhika met while shooting for the film Shor in the City (2011). It was alleged that Tusshar was impressed with the dusky beauty, who played his on-screen wife, and there were rumors of sparks flying between them. However, there was never any kind of confirmation from reliable sources. After the release of the film, the rumors subsided as well.
- Benedict Taylor (2012-Present) – After moving to London in 2011 to study contemporary dance, she met Benedict Taylor, a world-renowned contemporary musician. The two were immediately drawn to each other and soon after, began living together. Although Radhika was initially skeptical about the institution of marriage, they got married in a court ceremony in September 2012. Her close friend Sarang Sathaye, revealed to the Indian media that the couple had gotten married to sort out their visa issues. Their marriage was officiated in India in March 2013. With their individual work projects taking them to separate parts of the world, they still manage to make their long-distance marriage work by balancing their professional and personal lives well.
Race / Ethnicity
Radhika has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- True Roots
- Pickle Shickle
- Vivo mobile phones
- VIVO IPL
- Max Fashion
- Asian Paints
- Daniel Wellington
- Uber Eats
- Taco Bell
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Rivana Gold & Diamonds
- House Of AYNAT
- Tata CLiQ
- Realme Mobiles
- Wills Lifestyle
Best Known For
- Her impressive performances in films like Badlapur (2015), Phobia (2016), Lust Stories (2018), web series Sacred Games (2018) and many others which have received unanimous acclaim
- Her outspoken and unabashed attitude towards the prejudices and ill-treatment in the Indian film industry
In 2005, Radhika made her theatrical film debut by playing the role of Anjali in the fantasy drama movie Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut in 2015 as Binodini in the first 3 episodes titled Chokher Bali in the drama series Stories by Rabindranath Tagore.
Back in 2016, Radhika had stated that a healthy diet is the best form of fitness regime. Even though she claims to be a complete foodie, she watches her calorie intake closely and chooses fresh vegetables and fruits as often as possible. She further went on to add that her husband Benedict cooks her breakfast every day in the morning. It includes smoked salmon, toast, avocado, and poached eggs. Furthermore, it also has a dash of blue cheese, honey, parsley, and grilled mushrooms on the side.
Radhika had revealed that she does yoga regularly in addition to running to keep her body toned and in shape. She had also mentioned in 2017, about her interest in doing hydrotherapy, which uses water dumbbells made with foam as a means of working out.
Radhika Apte’s Favorite Things
- Audio Books – Love Poems by Pablo Neruda, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, Istanbul: Memories of a City by Orhan Pamuk, My Name Is Red by Orhan Pamuk, The Essential Neruda by Pablo Neruda
- Watch Brand – Daniel Wellington
- Fashion Designer – Vivienne Westwood
- Food – Asparagus
- City To Party In – Pune, Mumbai, London
- Date Spot In Pune – Blue Nile Restaurant
- Movie – Andaz Apna Apna (1994)
- Cuisine – Southeast Asian
- Dessert – Tiramisu ice cream, Caramel custard, Rhubarb pie
- Sportsman – Sachin Tendulkar
- Outfit – Black Dress
- Make-Up Product – Ruby Woo lipstick from MAC
- Tea – Cinnamon Tea
- Movie Soundtrack – Fargo
- Social Media Platform – Twitter
- Actor – Jack Nicholson
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, LiveInStyle.com, Hindustan Times, YouTube, Hindustan Times, Instagram, Instagram
Radhika Apte’s Facts
- She has received Kathak training from the renowned expert Rohini Bhate, under whose tutelage she learned the dance form for 8 years.
- Actor Rahul Bose was so impressed with her performance in the English play Bombay Black, that he recommended Apte for the role of Brinda Menon in director Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury’s film Antaheen (2009).
- She has done extensive theater work and was associated with Aasakta Kalamanch, a theater troupe by Mohit Takalkar, in Pune. She has performed in different plays in various languages ranging from Marathi, Hindi, to English.
- During the promotion of her film Pad Man in 2018, Radhika had discussed her personal experience with menstruation. She had revealed that her mother, who is a doctor, threw her a party and gifted her a watch when she got her first period.
- Her diverse film projects have seen her act in several languages which include Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, English, Malayalam, Telugu, and Tamil.
- Radhika played superstar Rajinikanth‘s wife in the 2016 gangster-drama Kabali.
- Radhika has been supportive of the #MeToo campaign that gained momentum in India in 2018. She has also shared her experiences with s*xual harassment in the film industry.
- In the starting days of her career, she was told to alter her appearance such as getting a better nose, having larger breasts, etc. She once didn’t get a film project as she was found overweight by 3 to 4 kgs.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0