|Sharman Joshi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 28, 1979|
Sharman Joshi is an Indian actor, theatre artist, dancer, producer, director, and television presenter. He has acted, produced, and directed stage plays in English, Hindi, Marathi, and Gujarati languages as well as worked extensively in Bollywood. He is known for his roles like Raju Rastogi in 3 Idiots, Laxman in Golmaal, Rustam Behram Deboo (Rusy) in Ferrari Ki Sawaari, Kaashi Chaudhary in Kaashi in Search of Ganga, Karsan in Godmother, Rahul in Life in a… Metro, Sukhi/Rajguru in Rang De Basanti, Pankaj Tiwari (Pakya) in Dhol, Captain Rajveer Singh Rana (Raj) in War Chod Na Yaar, Parmeshwar Joshi in Mission Mangal, Abhishek in Mera Fauji Calling, Shyam Mehra (Sam) in Hello, Prakash in Lajja, Rahul Saxena in Toh Baat Pakki!, Siddharth Verma in Raqeeb, Aryan Kapoor in Shaadi No. 1, and Babloo in Babloo Bachelor.
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sharman Joshi attended Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Dancer, Television Presenter, Producer, Director
- Father – Arvind Joshi (Film and theatre actor, playwright, and director known for his work in Gujarati theatre and Gujarati cinema)
- Mother – Usha Joshi
- Sibling – Manasi Joshi Roy (Older Sister) (Film and Television Actress)
- Others – Pravin Joshi (Paternal Uncle) (Stage Actor, Director, Playwright) (Died in an accident on January 19, 1979), Sarita Joshi (née Bhosle) (Aunt) (Stage, television, and film actress and a veteran actress of Gujarati theatre and Marathi theatre as well as Marathi cinema), Ketki Dave (Cousin) (Actress, Stand-up Comedian), Purbi Joshi (Cousin) (Actress, Voice Artist, Television Presenter), Rohit Roy (Brother-In-Law) (Film and Television Actor), Kiara (Niece), Prem Chopra (Father-In-Law) (Actor), Uma Chopra (Mother-In-Law), Rakita (Sister-In-Law), Punita (Sister-In-Law)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $15 Million.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sharman Joshi has dated –
- Prerana Chopra (2000-Present) – He got married to Prerana Chopra, daughter of actor Prem Chopra, on June 15, 2000. He was only 21 years old at that time. In October 2005, the couple welcomed its first child together – a daughter named Khyana. Then, in July 2009, they were blessed with twin boys – Vaaryan and Vihaan.
Race / Ethnicity
Sharman Joshi is of Gujarati descent.
He has done endorsement work for 7 Up.
Sharman Joshi Facts
- He comes from a family of actors and performing artists.
- Sharman Joshi played Laxman/Sameer 2 in the Hindi-language comedy film, Golmaal: Fun Unlimited, in 2006. He co-starred in the film alongside Ajay Devgn, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor, Paresh Rawal, and Rimi Sen.
- His performance in Golmaal: Fun Unlimited got him nominated for a Filmfare Award for “Best Performance in a Comic Role”.
- Alongside Aamir Khan, R. Madhavan, Kareena Kapoor, Boman Irani, and Omi Vaidya, Sharman co-starred as Raju Rastogi, a member of the trio who comes from an impoverished family, in the 2009 Hindi-language coming-of-age comedy-drama film titled 3 Idiots. The film is based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel Five Point Someone.
- For his performance in 3 Idiots, he won the 2010 IIFA Award for “Best Supporting Actor” and was also nominated in the same category at the 2010 Filmfare Awards.
- Sharman Joshi has been honored with the life membership of the International Film and Television Club of the Asian Academy of Film & Television.
- He has also spoken about having been type-cast during his career.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0