|Darian King Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Darian King is a Barbadian tennis player who ranked at No. 106 in 2017 and at No. 156 in 2019. Besides that, he also represented Barbados at the Davis Cup and has a W/L record of 39 to 19. Darian also played for his country during the 2016 Olympics.
He has been coached by his older brother Christopher King. He was accepted into the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Father – Wesley King
- Mother – Myrna King
- Siblings – Christopher King (Older Brother) (Tennis Coach), he has a sister.
Darian is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Afro hairstyle
- He has a gap between his center teeth.
Darian King Favorite Things
- Sports – Slow Hard Court
Darian King Facts
- He was brought up alongside his older brother Christopher in Barbados.
- Darian was being trained by his brother Christopher in July 2016.
- In 2010, he lost his mother, who had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. However, he and his siblings were unaware of their mother’s illness and it came as a shock to them.
- After losing his mother, Darian went through a difficult time of wanting to continue to play tennis as a professional or join college.
- King signed to Creative Artists Agency in July 2016. Also, signed to the Los Angeles based agency at the time were stars like Cristiano Ronaldo, Peyton Manning, Brad Pitt, and Beyoncé.
- He is good friends with American tennis player Fraces Tiafoe.
- Darian played in the 2010 Commonwealth Games. At the same time, he also turned pro.
- During an interview in 2015, he stated that “he was a solid player capable to wait the right moment to attack and catch the net”.
- On May 8, 2017, Darian was ranked at a career-high ATP singles ranking at No. 106 and a world ranking of No. 156 on October 21, 2019.
- During his gameplay at the Davis Cup, he had a record 39 wins and 19 losses. Besides that, he also represented Barbados in the 2016 Olympics.
- The 2017 US Open, was his first Grand Slam game. However, he lost to tennis player Alexander Zverev in straight sets.
- He is right-handed and plays two handed-backhand shots.
- As of March 16, 2020, Darian was ranked at no. 266 in the world.
- He is the first Barbadian to play tennis Grand Slam in 2016. Darian is also the first to win an ATP level match.
- Darian is a huge basketball fan.
Featured Image By John Lees Edmondson / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0