|Alexander Zverev Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1997|
Alexander Zverev is a German professional tennis player who had made waves in 2017 when he became the 2nd-youngest player ever to be ranked in the ‘Top 10’ of the ATP singles rankings. He had won 2 ATP Masters 1000 titles that year – the Italian Open and the Canadian Open. The following year, he won the Madrid Open as well as the year-ending ATP Tour Finals. After a slightly below-par 2019, he bounced back in 2020 by reaching the semi-final of the Australian Open and the final of the US Open. Representing Germany, he had reached the Davis Cup quarter-final in 2018 and the final of the Hopman Cup in 2018 and 2019.
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Alexander Mikhailovich Zverev (Tennis Coach, Former Professional Tennis Player)
- Mother – Irina Zvereva (Tennis Coach, Former Professional Tennis Player)
- Siblings – Mischa Zverev (Older Brother) (Professional Tennis Player)
- Others – Evgenia Zverev (Sister-in-Law)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alexander has dated –
- Belinda Bencic (2015)
- Olga Sharypova (2018-2019)
- Lana Gercke (2019) – Rumor
- Brenda Patea (2019-2020)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Disheveled, neck-length hair
- Affable smile
Alexander has been sponsored by –
- Head Tennis
Alexander Zverev Favorite Things
- Tennis Player/Idol – Roger Federer
- Sports – Tennis, Soccer, Basketball, Golf
- National Soccer Team – Germany
- Basketball Team – Miami Heat
- Hobby – Playing Video Games
- Video Game – FIFA
- Pet – Dogs
Source – ATP
Alexander Zverev Facts
- Both of Alexander’s parents are former professional tennis players from the erstwhile Soviet Union and his father had even broken into the ‘Top 200’ singles players in the world. As the collapse of the Soviet Union looked inevitable, his mother had gone to Germany to participate in a tournament in 1990 and his father had accompanied her as a coach. They both were offered jobs as tennis instructors in Germany and eventually settled in the country in 1991.
- He had started playing tennis at the age of 5. He had also played hockey and soccer in his school days but decided to focus only on tennis from the age of 12 when he was knocked out in the early stages of a high-level international junior tournament in Florida.
- His mother’s last major appearance in a tournament’s final, as a player, had come in April 1994 in Athens where she had lost to Julia Apostoli. Coincidentally, Julia was also from the Soviet Union and had also eventually emigrated (Greece in her case). Julia is the mother of Stefanos Tsitsipas, one of Alexander’s rivals on the ATP Tour.
- In November 2019, he had played an exhibition match against his idol Roger Federer in Mexico City. The attendance of 42,517 fans that was recorded was the 2nd-largest crowd ever for a tennis match.
- At the 2020 Australian Open, the first time that he had reached the semi-final stage of a Grand Slam, he had donated USD 50k for the relief efforts that were underway to help the victims of the bushfire that had ravaged Australia’s eastern coast from June 2019 to May 2020.
- In January 2023, Alexander was knocked out of Australian Open 2023 after he lost the 2nd round match to Michael Mmoh in straight sets by 4-6, 3-6, 2-6.
Featured Image by Alexander Zverev / Instagram