|Chun Woo-hee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chun Woo-hee is a South Korean actor, social media personality, and YouTuber whose film credits include Love, So Divine, Unlocked, As One, Herb, Han Gong-ju, Mother, 26 Years, Idol, The Boy from Ipanema, Cart, The Piper, The Beauty Inside, The Wailing, One Day, Love, Lies, Heung-boo: The Revolutionist, The Little Princess, Vertigo, Waiting for Rain, Anchor, I Want to Know Your Parents, My Sweet F*cking Sixteen, Rustle, Sunny, Thread of Lies, and In Between. In addition to that, she has also been a part of a variety of shows such as The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry, Be Melodramatic, Remarkable Women, Vampire Idol, Beneficial Fraud, The Disappeared School, and Argon.
Icheon, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Chun Woo-hee studied at Kyonggi University.
Actor, Social Media Personality, YouTuber
Chun Woo-hee has been signed with H& Entertainment.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Chun Woo-hee is of Korean descent.
Chun Woo-hee Facts
- In 2010, she played the supporting role of Shin-young’s junior colleague in the romantic comedy-drama television series The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry.
- She was cast as Sang-mi in the 2011 comedy-drama film Sunny, starring Shim Eun-kyung, Kang So-ra, Yoo Ho-jeong, and Jin Hee-kyung. For this performance, Chun Woo-hee was nominated in the “Best Supporting Actress” category at the 48th Grand Bell Awards and the 32nd Blue Dragon Film Awards.
- She starred playing the titular role in the 2013 coming-of-age indie film Han Gong-ju, inspired by the infamous Miryang gang r*pe case of 2004. This role won her various accolades including the 34th Korean Association of Film Critics Award, 15th Women in Film Korea Award, 35th Blue Dragon Film Award, 2nd Wildflower Film Award, 51st Baeksang Arts Award, Cine 21 Award, 6th KOFRA Film Award, and 10th Max Movie Award.
- Alongside Ryu Seung-ryong, Lee Sung-min, and Lee Joon, she co-starred as Mi-sook in the 2015 period horror-thriller film The Piper. The film is inspired by the Pied Piper of Hamelin legend and Chun Woo-hee’s role in the film was nominated in the “Best Supporting Actress” category at the 24th Buil Film Awards.
- In 2016, Chun Woo-hee was seen as Moo-myung (the woman in white) in the horror film The Wailing and this role got her nominated for the 37th Blue Dragon Film Award for “Best Supporting Actress”, BloodGuts UK Horror Award for “Best Actress in an International Film”, 25th Buil Film Award for “Best Supporting Actress”, 53rd Grand Bell Award for “Best Supporting Actress”, and 53rd Baeksang Arts Award for “Best Supporting Actress (Film)”.
- On November 9, 2018, she joined YouTube with her channel titled “천우희의 HEESTORY” and it has amassed a fan base of more than 250k subscribers.
- Chun Woo-hee brought to life the character of Gong So-hee (a woman who receives the letter in place of her older sister So-yeon, who is ill, and she sends Young-ho a reply with a few rules) in the 2021 South Korean-American drama film Waiting for Rain. For this, she bagged the 41st Golden Cinematography Award for “Best Actress”.
- Along with Shin Ha-kyun and Lee Hye-young, Chun Woo-hee co-starred as Jung Se-ra (the main anchor of a broadcasting station) in the 2022 mystery-thriller film Anchor. This performance earned her a nomination in the “Best Actress” category at the 27th Chunsa Film Art Awards, 31st Buil Film Awards, and 43rd Blue Dragon Film Awards.
- By donating money through Hope Bridge National Disaster Relief Association, she made a donation of ₩20 million on February 11, 2023, to help the 2023 Turkey–Syria earthquake victims.
Featured Image by Harald Krichel / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0