|Shim Eun-kyung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 31, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shim Eun-kyung is a South Korean actress who is known for her work in various hit films and shows including Sunny (2011), Miss Granny (2014), Fabricated City (2017), and Naeil’s Cantabile (2014).
Gangneung, South Korea
Eun-kyung attended Eonbuk Elementary School and Cheongdam Middle School. However, after Shim decided to quit acting temporarily to relocate to the United States, she continued her studies at a Professional Children’s School located in Pittsburgh in 2013.
- Father – Shim Nam
- Mother – Yang Mi-kyung
Eun-kyung is represented by A.N.D Entertainment (South Korea) and Yumanite (Japan).
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has South Korean ancestry.
- Pale white skin tone
- Chiseled jawline
Shim Eun-kyung Facts
- Eun-kyung was only 9 years old when she made her debut in the 2004 TV series The Woman Who Wants to Marry.
- Since the beginning of her acting career, Shim was considered one of the best child actresses of her generation.
- She got her big break in the film industry as Kim Young-hee in Hansel and Gretel in 2007. Eun-kyung garnered further fame with her work in Hwang Jini, The Legend, Women of the Sun, and The Great Merchant.
- Eun-kyung is the youngest in her family.
- In her free time, she loves to listen to music, read science fiction comics, and practice taekwondo.
- She formed a band called Chick and Candy alongside her friends and is the drummer.
- Eun-kyung was the first Korean to have been presented with the Japanese Academy Award (Japan’s equivalent of the Oscars) for “Best Actress”.
Featured Image By Shim Eun-kyung / Instagram