|Jonathan Hyde Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1948|
Jonathan Hyde is an Australian-English actor. He is known for his roles in Richie Rich, Titanic, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, Anaconda, Jumanji, and The Strain. He has worked in many theaters like the National Theatre, the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Prospect Theatre Company, the Citizen’s Theatre Company of Glasgow, and others.
Jonathan Stephen Geoffrey King
Jon, Jono, Nash
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Bath, England, United Kingdom
Jonathan Hyde attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and graduated in 1972.
- Father – Stephen Geoffrey King (Solicitor)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan Hyde has dated –
- Isobel Buchanan –They got married in 1980. They have 2 daughters named Georgia King and Willa King.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Narrow jawline
- Tall height
Jonathan Hyde Favorite Things
- Theater Directors – Declan Donnellan, Giles Havergal, Philip Prowse, Philip Franks, and Adrian Noble
- Book – Life and Fate by Vasily Grossman
- Post-Show London Haunt – The Ivy
Source – WhatsOnStage.com
Jonathan Hyde Facts
- He is an enthusiastic swimmer, painter, and traveler.
- If he weren’t an actor, then he might have been a painter, teacher or designer.
- The first thing he saw on stage that had a big impact on him was A Man for all Seasons starring Robert Speight at school in Melbourne in 1965.
- The most embarrassing thing that’s happened to him on stage was once when he corpsed badly such that he was unable to speak and had to leave the stage.
- If he could swap places with anyone for a day, it would be David Cameron.
- His first non-theatre job was working in a number-plate factory in Brisbane at the age of 17.
- His biggest influencers have been great stage actors like Ian McKellen in Edward II and Paul Scofield as Uncle Vanya at the Royal Court.
- He sometimes whispers his father’s name before going on stage to calm his nerves.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0