|Lee Sung-min Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1968|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lee Sung-min is a South Korean actor and theatre artist who has been cast in several films such as Secret Sunshine, Wide Awake, Go Go 70s, The Spy Gone North, Bestseller, The Unjust, The Cat, The Man Standing Next, Hunt, Venus Talk, Mr. Zoo: The Missing VIP, The Witness, Boy Goes to Heaven, Flying Boys, Marathon, Seducing Mr. Perfect, A Little Pond, Cafe Noir, Howling, The Attorney, The Beast, Big Match, My Brilliant Life, What a Man Wants, The Devil’s Deal, Sori: Voice From The Heart, Triangle, Hit-and-Run Squad, Dreaming of Romance, All About My Wife, Broken, Kundo: Age of the Rampant, The Piper, Miracle: Letters to the President, A Violent Prosecutor, Father and Son: The Story of Mencius, The Sheriff in Town, Officer of the Year, and Remember. In addition to that, he has also been a part of a wide range of shows including Oh Feel Young, On Air, Just an Ordinary Love Story, Legend of Hyang Dan, The Devil, King Sejong the Great, Working Mom, Triple, Golden Time, Hot Blood, Listen to My Heart, Brain, Bad Luck Day, Narco-Saints, A Thousand Days’ Promise, Arang and the Magistrate, Monstar, When a Man Falls in Love, Miss Korea, Big Man, Misaeng: Incomplete Life, Can Anyone Love, Hogu’s Love, Splendid Politics, Entourage, Special Crime Investigation: Murder in the Blue House, Money Game, Reborn Rich, Hello God, and Juvenile Justice.
Bonghwa County, North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea
Actor, Theatre Artist
Lee Sung-min has been signed with Hodoo Entertainment.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Lee Sung-min is of Korean descent.
Lee Sung-min Facts
- He was cast as Choi In-hyuk in the medical romantic drama television series Golden Time in 2012.
- Lee Sung-min played the role of Oh Sang-shik in the 2014 workplace drama television series Misaeng: Incomplete Life and this won him the APAN Star Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries” and Baeksang Arts Award for “Best Actor”.
- In 2015, he was placed at #39 in Forbes‘ list of “Korea Power Celebrity”.
- Alongside Hwang Jung-min, Cho Jin-woong, and Ju Ji-hoon, Lee Sung-min co-starred as Ri Myung-woon in the 2018 spy drama film The Spy Gone North. For this performance, he won the award for “Best Actor” at the 27th Buil Film Awards, 55th Grand Bell Awards, 38th Korean Association of Film Critics Awards, 18th Director’s Cut Awards, 10th KOFRA Film Awards, and 55th Baeksang Arts Awards.
- He co-starred as President Park (based on Park Chung-hee, the 3rd President of South Korea and father to Park Geun-hye, the 11th President of South Korea) in the 2020 political drama film The Man Standing Next. The film was selected as the South Korean entry for the “Best International Feature Film” at the 93rd Academy Awards and the role won Lee Sung-min the award for “Best Supporting Actor” at the 25th Chunsa Film Art Awards.
- In 2021, Lee Sung-min was seen as Jung Tae-yoon (Joon-kyeong’s father) in the romantic drama film Miracle: Letters to the President. This got him nominated in the “Best Supporting Actor” category at the 42nd Blue Dragon Film Awards.
- He co-starred as Kang Won-joong (chief of the Juvenile Justice Division) in the legal drama streaming television series Juvenile Justice in 2022.
- Along with Song Joong-ki and Shin Hyun-been, Lee Sung-min co-starred as Jin Yang-chul (the head of the family and founder of Soonyang Group) in the 2022 revenge fantasy period drama television series Reborn Rich. This role won him the “Best Actor – Television” award at the 59th Baeksang Arts Awards in 2023.
- As a theatre artist, Lee Sung-min has been a part of projects such as Shear Madness, The Caucasian Chalk Circle, Oxygen, Mareugo Daltorok, Shining City, The Weir, A Story of Old Thieves, Pig Hunt, Laundromat Fairytale, Yang Deok-won Story, Change, Seoul Notes, and Bieonso.
Featured Image by 뉴스인스타 / YouTube / CC BY 3.0