|Michael K. Williams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Michael K. Williams is an American actor, voiceover artist, and producer who has given a number of notable performances in shows and movies such as Omar Little in The Wire, Bobby McCray in When They See Us, Freddy Knight in The Night Of, Jack Gee in Bessie, Allen in Life During Wartime, Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire, Neville Baraka in The Gambler, and Robert in 12 Years a Slave.
Michael Kenneth Williams
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Michael K. Williams studied at George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High School in Downtown Brooklyn, New York. Later, he attended the National Black Theatre in New York City.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Booker T. Williams
- Others – Primus/Primas Williams (Paternal Grandfather), Anna J. Murrell/Murell (Paternal Grandmother)
Michael K. Williams is represented by Silver Lining Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Michael K. Williams is of African-American descent on his father’s side and has African-Bahamian roots on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
- Facial scar
- Deep voice
Michael K. Williams Facts
- He grew up in the Vanderveer Projects in East Flatbush, Brooklyn, New York City.
- He got the facial scar after he was involved in a bar fight on his 25th birthday and his assailants sliced him with razor blades.
- Michael K. Williams was cast as High Top in the 1996 crime drama film, Bullet, which starred Mickey Rourke, Tupac Shakur, Donnie Wahlberg, Adrien Brody, Ted Levine, and John Enos III.
- From 2002 to 2008, he played the role of Omar Little, a notorious Baltimore stick-up man who frequently robs street-level drug dealers, in the crime drama television series, The Wire. For this role, he was nominated for the NAACP Image Awards for “Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series” as well as “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series”.
- Former US President Barack Obama once revealed that Omar Little was his favorite character on The Wire.
- Michael K. Williams has done voiceover work in shows like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, F Is for Family, High School USA!, and Lucas Bros Moving Co.
- As a producer, he has worked on projects like Black Market with Michael K. Williams, Snow on Tha Bluff, Shelter, and Grace After Midnight Pain.
Featured Image by Michael K. Williams / Instagram