|Rimi Sen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rimi Sen is an Indian film actor, producer, television personality, dancer, and politician. She is known for having been cast in films like Hungama, Baghban, Horn ‘Ok’ Pleassss, Garam Masala, Deewane Huye Paagal, Paromitar Ek Din, Dhoom, De Taali, Ide Naa Modati Prema Lekha, Nee Thodu Kavali, Kyon Ki, Sajani, Swapner Din, Andarivaadu, Shagird, Phir Hera Pheri, Dhoom 2, Golmaal: Fun Unlimited, Hattrick, Johnny Gaddaar, Sankat City, and Thank You. In 2015, she appeared as a contestant on Bigg Boss 9 and was evicted on Day 51.
Rimi, Bollywood’s Lucky Mascot
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Rimi Sen studied at Bidya Bharati Girls’ High School and then graduated with a degree in Commerce from the University of Calcutta.
Actor, Producer, Television Personality, Dancer, Politician
- Father – Raja Sen (Film Director, Television Director)
- Mother – Papiya Sen
- Siblings – Romi Sen (Sister)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $10 Million.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Alongside Aamir Khan, Rimi Sen has appeared in a TV commercial for Coca-Cola.
Rimi Sen Facts
- In 2000, she made her Bengali film debut as the niece of Paromita’s first husband in the drama film Paromitar Ek Din.
- Alongside the likes of Akshaye Khanna, Aftab Shivdasani, Paresh Rawal, Shakti Kapoor, and Rajpal Yadav, Rimi Sen co-starred as Anjali Patekar in the 2003 Hindi-language comedy film Hungama, a remake of the 1984 Malayalam comedy film Poochakkoru Mookkuthi. This marked her Hindi film debut.
- Rimi Sen’s performance in Hungama won her the Anandalok Puraskar Award for “Best Debut Actress” while she was also nominated for a Filmfare Award, Screen Award, Zee Cine Award, and International Indian Film Academy Award.
- In 2003, she played the role of Payal Malhotra, the granddaughter of Raj Malhotra and Pooja Malhotra, in the Hindi-language drama film Baghban. It stars Amitabh Bachchan and Hema Malini.
- Sen was cast as Sweety J. Dixit, Jai’s wife, in the 2004 Hindi-language action-thriller film Dhoom and this role got her nominated for a Stardust Award in the “Best Breakthrough Performance – Female” category.
- As a producer, she made her debut with the 2016 Hindi-language biographical sports film Budhia Singh – Born to Run. The film won the Best Children’s Film award at the 63rd National Film Awards in 2016.
- Rimi Sen is allergic to prawns.
- She joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in January 2017. Later, in February 2022, she joined the political party, Congress.
- In early 2022, Rimi was duped of INR 4.14 crore by a Mumbai-based businessman named Raunak Vyas. He had asked for the money for investing in his new business and promised an ROI (return on investment) of 30%-40%. She had met Raunak in the gym in 2019 and eventually became friends.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0