|Shakti Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1952|
Shakti Kapoor is an Indian actor and comedian who has worked in more than 700 films including Rocky, Satte Pe Satta, Main Awara Hoon, Qayamat, Himmatwala, Inquilaab, Zulm Ka Badla, Bhago Bhut Aaya, Aag Aur Shola, Satyamev Jayate, Khatron Ke Khiladi, Gunahon Ka Devta, Baap Numbri Beta Dus Numbri, Akhiyon Se Goli Maare, Bol Radha Bol, Hum Hain Khalnayak, Hero No. 1, Main Hoon Rajinikanth, Raja Babu, Bhagam Bhag, Bombay to Goa, Taarzan: The Wonder Car, and Hungama. Moreover, he also appeared as a contestant on Big Boss 5 in 2011.
Sunil Sikanderlal Kapoor
Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shakti Kapoor studied at Kirori Mal College of the University of Delhi and also trained at the Film and Television Institute of India.
Actor, Comedian, TV Personality
- Father – He ran a tailor shop in Connaught Place, New Delhi.
- Siblings – Rummy Kapoor (Brother), Renu Kapoor (Sister)
- Others – Pandharinath Kolhapure (Father-In-Law) (Classical Singer), Nirupama Kolhapure (Mother-In-Law), Padmini Kolhapure (Sister-In-Law) (Actress, Singer), Tejaswini Kolhapure (Sister-In-Law) (Model, Actress), Sikandar Kharbanda (Nephew) (Actor)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shakti Kapoor has dated –
- Rama Vij
- Shivangi Kolhapure (1982-Present) – He married Shivangi Kolhapure in the year 1982 and they have been blessed with 2 children – a son named Siddhanth Kapoor (b. July 6, 1984) and a daughter Shraddha Kapoor (b. March 3, 1987). Both of their children have worked in Bollywood.
Race / Ethnicity
Shakti Kapoor is of Punjabi descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Has frequently been cast in villainous and comic roles
- Sports a beard
- Frequently worked with Kader Khan
He has served as the brand ambassador of Servokon.
Shakti Kapoor Facts
- He had to go through a lot of struggle to find work in Bollywood and was then spotted by late Sunil Dutt while he was making Rocky, a 1981 Bollywood romantic action film that marked his son Sanjay Dutt‘s acting debut.
- It was Sunil Dutt who felt that his name “Sunil Sikanderlal Kapoor” wouldn’t do justice to his villainous character in the film and hence, “Shakti Kapoor” was born.
- He played the role of Nandu in the 1994 Hindi-language action comedy film, Raja Babu, starring Govinda and Karishma Kapoor. For this performance, he received the Filmfare Best Comedian Award in 1995.
- He played the iconic Crime Master Gogo in the 1994 Hindi language comedy film, Andaz Apna Apna, which has emerged as a cult film over the years. This role got Shakti Kapoor nominated for the 1995 Filmfare Best Comedian Award.
- He was involved in a controversy in March 2005 when India TV released a video allegedly showing Shakti Kapoor asking for a s*xual favor from an undercover reporter posing as an aspiring actress, in return for entry into the film industry. As a result, he was banned by the Film & Television Producers Guild of India for a week.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0