|Ewelina Lisowska Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1991|
Ewelina Lisowska is a Polish singer and composer. Initially popular for her melodious and soulful singing, she has added the growl/scream technique to her repertoire. She started as the lead singer of the band Nurth, where she used her stage name Evelynn Nurth. The band was founded in 2007 by Maciek Wiergowski. In 2009, their first EP named Revolution was launched. The following year, their first single, The Last Second of Life was released. This is where Ewelina first got to showcase her screaming technique. In 2012, Nurth released their 2nd EP titled Stay Away. In 2012, she recorded a single Communications Are Down with American band Forever in Promise. This was the last song that she did with Nurth.
A few months after that single, Ewelina participated in the Polish adaptation of the talent competition show X Factor. She had participated in 2011 as well but did not advance far. However, this time, she reached the semi-finals of the competition and as a result, she got the opportunity to sign a contract with HQT Music Group. Her first album Aero-Plan was also released by HQT Music Group in May 2013. The single from that album, Jutra nie będzie (There Will Be No Tomorrow), premiered on Radio Eska to promote the album. The song had its music video released on YouTube in April 2013. Her 2nd album Nowe horyzonty (New Horizons) was released in October 2014. She was now contracted with Universal Music Group (Poland), and the album was released under their label. It featured singles like the eponymous Nowe horyzonty, We mgle (In the fog), and Na obcy ląd (To a foreign land). Her 3rd album Ponad wszystko (Above All) was also launched by Universal Music Group (Poland) in November 2016. It featured singles like Zatrzymaj się (Stop), Prosta sprawa (A Simple Matter), and Zrób to! (Do It!).
Ewelina Monika Lisowska
Cerekwica, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland
Ewelina graduated in classical guitar from Grażyna Bacewicz First Stage School of Music in Wrocław, Poland. She has also attended courses on English philology.
Singer, Songwriter, Composer
- Father – He was a farmer.
- Mother – She was a primary school teacher.
- Siblings – Alicja Lisowska (Younger Sister), Aleksandra Lisowska (Younger Sister), Krzysztof Lisowska (Younger Brother)
Ewelina is represented by –
- Karolina Jacukowicz, Media Rep, DJAK Agency, Grodków, Poland
- Damian Jacukowicz, Bookings Agent, DJAK Agency, Grodków, Poland
Pop-Rock, Pop, Rock, Pop Punk
- HQT Music Group
- Universal Music Group (Poland)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ewelina has dated –
- Bartosz Śniadecki (2015–2016) – Ewelina dated the keyboard player of Afromental band, Bartosz Śniadecki for a short while from 2015 to 2016. The couple split on an acrimonious note after news reports appeared that Bartosz was cheating on her with a transsexual woman.
- Damian Ukejee (2016-2017) – In late 2016, Ewelina reportedly started dating Damian Ukejee, the winner of the inaugural edition of The Voice of Poland. Damian reportedly had a crush on her since 2015. They parted ways in 2017.
- Alexander Ilczuk (2018-2019) – Ewelina started dating Warsaw-based rally driver Aleksander Ilczuk in the latter half of 2018. Alexander reportedly used to pamper her with luxury jewelry. On her birthday, he presented her Christina Aguilera concert tickets and Louis Vuitton pendants. However, they are no longer together.
Race / Ethnicity
- ‘Snowflake’ tattoo on her right arm
- Left-arm covered with tattoos up to the shoulder
- Radiant Face
She has appeared in the commercial for RTV/AGD Media Expert stores.
Best Known For
Her music albums like Aero-Plan (2013), Nowe horyzonty (2014), and Ponad wszystko (2016)
Ewelina released her first album titled Aero-Plan on May 7, 2013.
First TV Show
In 2011, Ewelina made her TV show debut in the Polish adaptation of X-Factor, called Mam Talent (Got Talent?). She did not progress to the advanced stages of the competition. She re-appeared in 2012 and this time, she reached the semi-final stage.
After her ordeal with Hashimoto’s disease, Ewelina made a conscious decision to change her diet and lifestyle. She gave up fast food and started an exercise routine, whereas, earlier she used to have no focus on workouts and gymming.
Ewelina Lisowska Favorite Things
Source – Facebook
Ewelina Lisowska Facts
- In June 2013, Ewelina performed her song Towards the Sun at the TOPtrendy Festival in the city of Sopot, Poland. The same month, she received Superjedynka (Super One) in the ‘Super Artist’ category at the 50th Krajowy Festiwal Piosenki Polskiej/ National Festival of Polish Song in Opole, Poland.
- In August 2013, Ewelina received 3 awards at the Eska Music Awards – “Best Hit” (for the single Towards the Sun), “Best Debut”, and “Best Artist on the Web”.
- She performed as support before Nelly Furtado‘s concert in 2013, during the final of the Tall Ships’ Races world regatta.
- In September 2013, she was nominated for an MTV Europe Music Award in the “Best Polish Artist” category.
- In December 2013, she appeared in 3 popular Google search categories, relating to Polish Internet searches – at 7th place in “The Most Popular Polish People (2013)”, at 2nd place in “The Most Popular Polish Celebrities (2013)”, and at 2nd place in “Polish Music (2013)”.
- Her eponymous debut EP, Ewelina Lisowska was released under the HQT Music Group Label on August 7, 2012. The EP was promoted by the song Nieodporny Rozum (Fragile Mind). The song made waves in Poland and soared to 1st place on the Polish Airplay Chart, 6th place in the list of the “Best Songs of 2012” according to Radio ZET, 7th place according to RMF FM, and 3rd place according to Radio Eska.
- Her 2012 single, Towards the Sun, hit 2 million views on YouTube within a week and found a place on the list of the “Most-Played Music in the World”.
- In May 2014, she performed on day 1 of the TOPtrendy festival as part of the 3 artists who had sold the most singles in the previous year in Poland. At the concert, she was awarded ‘Digital Song of the Year’ for her song Towards the Sun for selling the 2nd most digital singles in 2013.
- Ewelina participated in and won the Polish version of Dancing with the Stars (2015). She was eliminated in the middle of the show but returned when one of the participants got injured.
- Ewelina has admitted that she had undergone surgery to enlarge her lips. It was done out of curiosity and peer pressure.
- At the age of 14, she was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease. She suffered from swelling and weight gain. She underwent hormonal therapy over an extended period and eventually recovered.
- At the age of 16, she was having problems with acne. She took professional help and even today consults a dermatologist regularly.
- Follow her on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Ewelina Lisowska / Instagram