|Troy Gentile Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 27, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Troy Gentile is an American actor and singer, best known for his role as Barry Goldberg in ABC comedy TV series The Goldbergs starting in 2013. Troy is also known for his role as Mark in the movie Hotel for Dogs (2009) and playing younger versions of Jack Black‘s characters in movies Nacho Libre and Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny in 2006.
Troy Francis Farshi
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Troy attended Oak Park High School in Oak Park, California, United States and graduated in 2012.
He attended a community college before he landed a recurring role in the TV series The Goldbergs in 2013.
- Father – Albert Farshi
- Mother – Debra (née Gentile) Farshi
- Others – Ralph G. Gentile (Maternal Grandfather), Colleen Dolores (Caiata/Caiati) Gentile (Maternal Grandmother)
Troy Gentile is represented by –
- Innovative Artists (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Morris Yorn Barnes Levine Krintzman Rubenstein Kohner & Gellman (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Troy Gentile has dated –
- AJ Michalka (2018) – Rumor
- Jessica Inn (2019) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Iranian descent on his paternal side and of Italian descent on his maternal side.
Curly black hair
Troy Gentile Favorite Things
- Board Game Growing Up – Chutes And Ladders
- Disney Character – Mickey Mouse
- Music Genre – Hip-Hop
- Rappers – Kid Cudi, Eminem, Juice WRLD, Tupac Shakur, Lil Peep, Young Thug
- High School Teachers – Mr. Todd Creason, Mr. David Kinberg
- Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Director – Martin Scorsese
- TV Shows – Entourage (2004-2011), The Sopranos (1999-2007), Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Movies – Goodfellas (1990), The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- Media Network – HBO
- Magazines – Variety, Newsweek, Sports Illustrated
- Must-Have Things In His Fridge – Apple Juice, String Cheese, Gatorade Drink
- Sports Team – Los Angeles Lakers
- Food On Thanksgiving – Homemade Stuffing
- Personal Quote – “Go with the flow.”
Troy Gentile Facts
- He used his mother’s maiden name instead of his own when coming up with his stage name.
- His mom is from New York City, New York, United States.
- Troy moved to Los Angeles, California, United States, at the age of 4.
- He booked his 1st job on his very 1st audition. It was that of a wheelchair ridden character Matthew Hooper in the 2005 remake of the movie Bad News Bears.
- Troy played football throughout all 4 years of high school.
- Troy used to book roles all the time while he was “a hot kid on the block.” However, between 2008 and 2013, he only landed very small roles.
- He was starstruck when he met an entrepreneur and businessman, Mark Cuban in 2013.
- He fell in love with the character of Barry Goldberg that he portrayed on The Goldbergs because Barry is very competitive, just like Troy is in real life.
- His favorite thing on the set of The Goldbergs is the food. The catering crew loves his work on the movie Nacho Libre (2006) and they often hug.
- His favorite character other than his own on The Goldbergs is Beverly Goldberg, played by Wendi McLendon-Covey.
- Before he landed the role of Barry, his goal was to attend a community college for 2 years before transferring to a university.
- His most memorable fan encounter happened when a guy and his wife recognized him on a cruise ship. Troy spent a lot of time with them and they stayed in touch afterward.
- Some members of his fanbase noticed he physically resembled Johnny Galecki.
- He has a dog named Bubba.
Featured Image by Troy Gentile / Instagram