|Mark Cuban Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1958|
Mark Cuban is an American entrepreneur, TV personality, media proprietor, and investor who is best known as one of the primary ‘shark’ investors on the popular business reality TV series Shark Tank. He is the named inventor of numerous patent families and owns several businesses and corporations including 2929 Entertainment, AXS TV, and the NBA team Dallas Mavericks. In 2019, he was placed at number 179 on the year’s ‘Forbes 400′ list. He has also published the books Let’s Go, Mavs! (2007) and How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It (2011).
Boris, Cubano, Slobbins
Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States
Preston Hollow, Dallas, Texas, United States
Mark, in lieu of attending the senior year of his high school, had enrolled at the University of Pittsburgh as a full-time student and had joined the Pi Lambda Phi International fraternity. A year later, he got a transfer to Indiana University Bloomington and graduated from its constituent Kelley School of Business with a Bachelor of Science degree in management, in 1981.
Entrepreneur, TV Personality, Media Proprietor, Investor
- Father – Norton Cuban (Automobile Upholsterer)
- Mother – Shirley Cuban (née Feldman)
- Siblings – Brian Cuban (Younger Brother) (Attorney, Author, Speaker, Activist), Jeffrey Cuban (Brother)
- Others – Morris Chabenisky (Paternal Grandfather), Fanny Janoff (Paternal Grandmother), Fred Feldman (Maternal Grandfather), Sarah Frankel (Maternal Grandmother)
Mark Cuban’s net worth had been $4.5 billion as per Forbes.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark has dated –
- Tiffany Stewart (1997–Present) – Mark had first met advertising executive Tiffany Stewart at a Dallas gym in 1997 and they started dating soon after. They got married on September 21, 2002, in a private ceremony in Barbados. They have 3 children together – 2 daughters named Alexis Sofia Cuban (b. 2003) and Alyssa Cuban (b. 2006), and a son named Jake Cuban (b. 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish (Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, and Moldovan) descent.
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Side-parted, short-cropped hair
- Puffy face
Mark Cuban Facts
- Mark’s paternal grandfather, who had emigrated to the United States from Russia, had changed the family name from Chabenisky to Cuban.
- Mark had displayed entrepreneurial spirit from a very young age. When he was 12 years old, he used to sell garbage bags to arrange enough money to buy a pair of basketball shoes. Later on, he had also rare stamps and coins for his pocket money.
- When he was 16 years old, there was a strike at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the most widely circulated newspaper in his region. He took advantage of the situation and had started a temporary business of running newspapers from Cleveland to Pittsburgh.
- He had mentioned in an interview that he had chosen to join the Kelley School of Business without knowing anything about its campus and details of its courses as the institution had the lowest fee out of all the ‘Top10’ business schools in the United States.
- In 2017, he had been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation, an abnormal heart rhythm caused by the irregular beating of atrial chambers. He had undergone a procedure in April 2019 to treat the same.
- He supports cryptocurrencies and uses a Coinbase wallet to own a portfolio of Bitcoin and other altcoins.
- In April 2021, he invested in the NFT data platform CryptoSlam through his VC entity Radical Investments.
- In March 2021, his basketball team Dallas Mavericks had started accepting Dogecoin (CRYPTO: DOGE) as a form of payment. In the same month, the sales of Mavericks’ merchandise in Dogecoin increased by 550%.
- During an appearance at The Ellen DeGeneres Show in April 2021, Mark said that Dogecoin was a better investment than buying a lottery ticket.
- In May 2021, Mark had invested in the Indian Ethereum-based blockchain platform, Polygon (MATIC).
- In June 2021, one of the crypto token called Iron Titanium in which Mark had invested money, went down from $64 to almost $0 (less than 0.01% of a penny) after a huge selling.
Featured Image by Mark Cuban / Instagram