|Babbu Maan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 29, 1975|
|Spouse||Harmandeep Kaur Mann|
Babbu Maan is an Indian singer, composer, songwriter, actor, and producer who is widely known in the Punjabi Industry. He is extremely famous for his distinctive music and lyrics that strike a chord with the audience. His songs have a global reach and due to this, he has a following from all over the world. Babbu has acted and produced various films like Ekam – Son of Soil (2010), Hashar: A Love Story (2008), Hero Hitler in Love (2011), Desi Romeos (2012), Banjara (2018), and many others. Babbu has released numerous albums for which he has also won various awards. He is considered to be a very down to earth person and also contributes to social causes.
Khant Maanpur, Punjab, India
Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana, India
He completed his education from Panjab University, Chandigarh where he learned lyrics writing.
Singer, Lyricist, Music Director, Actor, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Babu Singh Maan
- Mother – Kulbir Kaur
- Siblings – Rupie (Older Sister), Jassi (Older Sister)
He manages his career himself.
Folk, Bhangra, Pop, Ghazals
Catrack, T-Series, Point Zero, Eros International, Swag Music, Speed Records, Zee Music Company, Sony Music, Swag Entertainers
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Babbu has dated –
- Harmandeep Kaur Mann – Babbu and Harmandeep are married.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Sikh ancestry.
He endorses his own clothing store named The Babbu Maan Store.
Babbu Maan Favorite Things
- Singer – Gurdas Maan
Babbu Maan Facts
- In his childhood, he lived in a joint family.
- His first performance was at the age of 7 when he was in school.
- He started composing songs at the age of 16.
- Babbu did various stage shows before he released his first album.
- His debut album was Sajjan Rumal De Geya in the year 1998 but it wasn’t that successful.
- His album, Saaun Di Jhadi in 2001 was an overnight success.
- He is also an actor and made his debut in the film Hawayein in the year 2003 but the film was banned in India. The film received success overseas.
- Maan’s album Talaash: In Search Of Soul (2013) was a worldwide hit and was also listed in Billboard 200 winning various World Music Awards like “Worlds Best Indian Live Act”, “Worlds Best Indian Male Artist”, and many more.
- He co-owns a production company called Maan Films Private Limited.
- He is very grateful to his fans and also has dedicated a song to them called Mere Varge Mere Fan.
- Babbu is also involved in social service and is the ambassador of a non-profit organization called One Hope, One Chance.
- Maan has a very wide fan following. During the shoot for his film Hashar (2008), more than 8000 people gathered just to have a glimpse of him and to oblige them. After the shoot was over, he gave a small performance.
- He writes and composes his own songs.
- His father never appreciated his singing and did not want him to become a singer.
- Babbu Maan won 2 BAMA Music Awards in the year 2017 in Germany.
- His album Pyaas (2005), was the best selling album in that year.
- He performs a lot of live shows and has performed across Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America, and the Middle East.
- His first single was Chor in the year 1997.
Featured Image by Babbu Maan / Instagram