|Gautam Singhania Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1965|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gautam Singhania is an Indian industrialist who is best known as the chairman and managing director of the Raymond Group, an Indian branded fabric and fashion retailer that is the world’s largest producer of suiting fabric. He is credited with restructuring the group by selling Raymond‘s non-core businesses (synthetics, steel, and cement) and re-focusing it completely on fabrics, apparel brands, prophylactics, and men’s toiletries.
Gautam Vijaypat Singhania
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Gautam had attended the St. Mary’s School, Mumbai, a private Catholic secondary school for boys in Mazagaon, Mumbai, and the Cathedral and John Connon School, a co-educational private school located in Fort, Mumbai.
After his high school graduation, he had joined the Hassaram Rijhumal College of Commerce and Economics, an autonomous institution in Churchgate, Mumbai.
- Father – Vijaypat Singhania (Businessman, Former Chairman Emeritus of the Raymond Group, Former Sheriff of Mumbai, Padma Bhushan Awardee)
- Mother – Ashabai Singhania
- Others – Lala Kailashpat Singhania (Paternal Grandfather) (d. June 1969)
In 2012, Gautam Singhania’s net worth was $1.4 billion according to Wikipedia.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gautam has dated –
- Nawaz Modi (1999-2023) – Gautam married fitness expert Nawaz Modi in a ceremony in Mumbai in 1999. They have a daughter together named Niharika Singhania (b. December 2005). In November 2023, it was revealed that the couple had separated.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
Gautam Singhania Facts
- Gautam, from a very young age, has suffered from vitiligo, a long-term skin condition characterized by patches of the skin losing their pigment. His condition had worsened when he was in his early 30s as a side effect of a medication that he had taken.
- He had first joined his family’s JK Group of companies in 1986 and had joined the family-owned Raymond Group later. He had become a director in the company in 1990, was appointed its managing director in July 1999, and eventually the chairman in September 2000.
- In 2005, he had opened, with popular Indian DJ, singer, and composer DJ Aqeel, a nightclub named Poison in Bandra, an upscale coastal suburb of Mumbai.
- He owns a tri-deck luxury yacht named M Y Ashena that was constructed entirely out of Burma Teak wood by traditional boat builders from a village in Gujarat. The yacht was used by English actress, comedian, businesswoman, and model Elizabeth Hurley for her wedding celebrations.
- He also used to own another luxury yacht named Moonraker that later sank due to leaks caused by external damage. He has also owned 4 speedboats named after the James Bond movies Octopussy, Goldfinger, Thunderball, and GoldenEye.
- His father, Vijaypat Singhania, is a keen aviator with flight experience of more than 5,000 hours. He had created a world record for solo microlight flight from the UK to India in 1988. In 1994, he had won the ‘Gold’ medal in the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale air race by covering a distance of 34,000 km in 24 days. He had also created the world record for the highest altitude gained while traveling in a hot air balloon. He was 67 years old when he had created that record.
- In August 2023, he called Maserati MC20 a dangerous car as somebody might kill himself.
Featured Image by Gautam Singhania / Instagram