|K. L. Rahul Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
K. L. Rahul is an Indian professional cricketer and TV personality, best known as a top-order batsman and occasionally a wicket-keeper playing for Kings XI Punjab in the IPL (Indian Premier League). At the 2018 IPL auction, he was bought by Kings XI Punjab for a price of INR 11 crore, making it the 3rd-highest joint price. He immediately proved to be a worthy investment because in his debut game he managed to score the fastest 50 in the IPL history by taking 14 balls to reach the milestone. In addition, he also played for Karnataka domestically as well as for the Indian national cricket team in Test, ODI, and T20I internationally.
Kannur Lokesh Rahul
K. L. Rahul (or KL Rahul), Kamal Lajawab Rahul
Mangaluru, Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Rahul attended Jain University in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
Professional Cricketer, TV Personality
- Father – K. N. Lokesh (University Professor and Former Director of the National Institute of Technology Karnataka)
- Mother – Rajeshwari (Professor at Mangalore University)
- Siblings – Bhavna (Younger Sister)
K. L. Rahul is represented by Cornerstone (Manager) in Bandra Bandstand, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Opening Batsman
11 – India National Team (T20I), Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore
1 – Kings XI Punjab, India National Team (Cricket World Cup 2019)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
K. L. Rahul has dated –
- Nidhhi Agerwal (2018) – K. L. Rahul was rumored to be dating actress Nidhhi Agerwal in 2018. However, he later clarified the rumors stating that they were just good friends.
- Sonam Bajwa (2018) – Rumor
- Athiya Shetty (2019-Present) – On November 5, 2019, they were pictured celebrating her birthday at a cafe alone, laughing candidly together. However, neither of them confirmed their relationship officially at that time. Later, in November 2021, they made their relationship official by walking the red carpet together for the first time during Athiya’s brother Ahan’s debut movie Tadap‘s premiere.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall height
- Multiple tattoos
K. L. Rahul has endorsed brands such as –
- Gully Live Fast
- Sanspareils Greenlands (SG)
- Tata Harrier
- Colston JULIAN
- XYXX Innerwear (2022)
K. L. Rahul Facts
- His dad wanted to name him after his favorite cricketer, Rohan Sunil Gavaskar. However, he mistook Rohan’s name and named him Rahul.
- Rahul started playing cricket at the age of 11.
- The 1st tattoo he ever got was at the age of 17, which was a giant wing on his back. He later added the tattoo of his dog Simba to the back as well.
- Rahul had to miss the 2017 cricket season because he injured his shoulder in April of that year.
- He is the 3rd Indian batsman to score a century in all 3 international formats – T20I, ODI, and Test.
- Rahul has averaged over 50 in 2 seasons playing for Kings XI Punjab. In 2018, he scored 659 runs, while in 2019 he scored 593 in the opening spot.
- He enjoys playing paintball in his free time, especially with his Punjab teammates. He calls those games “a team bonding session” that always turns out to be very intense.
- Rahul and his fellow cricketer, Hardik Pandya got suspended form all forms of cricket in January 2019. The reason was that they made controversial comments in an Indian talk show, Koffee with Karan earlier that month. The ban was lifted on January 24, 2019.
- Rahul scored his maiden hundred in a match against Sri Lanka during the Cricket World Cup 2019.
- In early November 2019, Rahul found out about one of his big fans, an 18-year-old Rahul Sawant, who suffered from cancer. Not wasting time, he visited him and vowed to help support his treatment.
- In May 2021, during the ongoing IPL tournament, Rahul was admitted to the hospital after he complained about very bad abdomen pain. The tests at the medical facility revealed that he was suffering from acute appendicitis.
- Before the mega auction for IPL 2022, Rahul was chosen to captain the Lucknow IPL team in January 2022 and was paid a huge sum of money – INR 17 crore.
- In February 2022, Rahul had donated INR 31 lakhs for the bone marrow transplant of an 11-year-old cricketer named Varad for the treatment of a rare blood disorder.
Featured Image by K. L. Rahul / Instagram