|Axar Patel Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Axar Patel is an Indian cricketer who has represented Gujarat at the domestic level and has made sporadic appearances for the Indian senior men’s national team in the limited-overs formats (ODIs, T20Is). Primarily utilized as a bowling allrounder who can deliver lusty hits in the lower middle order, he has also featured regularly in the IPL (Indian Premier League), representing franchises such as Mumbai Indians, Kings XI Punjab, and Delhi Capitals. Axar was a member of the Indian squad that reached the semi-final of the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup.
Axar Rajeshbhai Patel
Anand, Gujarat, India
Nadiad, Gujarat, India
- Father – Rajeshbhai Patel
- Mother – Pritiben Patel
- Siblings – Shivangi Patel (Older Sister), Sanship Patel (Older Brother)
Slow Left-Arm Orthodox
20 – ODI, T20I, IPL
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Lean physique
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Sports a lightly trimmed beard
- Affable smile
- Has a tattoo on his right forearm
Axar Patel Facts
- Axar made his domestic first-class debut in 2012 and took his maiden 5-wicket haul in just his 2nd game, against Delhi.
- He played a vital role in India Under-23s’ winning campaign at the 2013 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Emerging Teams Cup, picking 7 wickets in the tournament, including a match-winning 4 wicket haul in the semi-final against the United Arab Emirates.
- In 2014, Axar was named by the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) as the ‘Under-19 Cricketer of the Year’.
- He was signed up by the IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab in 2014 and had a stellar debut season for the team, capturing 17 wickets. For his performances, he was named the ‘Emerging Player of the Year’ for the 2014 season of the IPL. He was also named in the ‘Cricinfo IPL XI’ for 2014.
- In a May 2016 IPL game, against then table-toppers Gujarat Lions, he achieved the rare feat of capturing 4 wickets in 5 balls The spell also included a hat-trick (3 wickets in 3 balls) which was the first of that season.
- Just before IPL 2021, Axar Patel was tested positive for coronavirus.
Featured Image by Axar Patel / Instagram