Farhan Abraham but popularly known as John Abraham
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Abraham attended Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai. From Jai Hind College, he received his bachelor’s degree in Economics. Later, he received MMS from Mumbai Educational Trust (MET).
Actor, Model, Film Producer
- Father – Architect from Kerala
- Mother – Firoza Irani
- Siblings – Alan (Younger Brother)
Carrie Models is the modeling agency to which John was initially signed. He had done modeling in Singapore, Hong Kong, London, New York City.
6 ft 0 in or 183 cm
81 kg or 179 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Abraham dated
- Raveena Tandon (2002) – Actress Raveena and John were rumored to have briefly dated one another in the year 2002. There have also been reports that they were engaged. However, there has been no hard evidence to shed life on these speculations.
- Bipasha Basu (2002-2011) – Bipasha or more popularly known as Bips has a long dating relationship with John. They started dating in 2002 and continued it before calling it quits in 2011. During this 9-year long time, they were called Super Couple by the media. The couple has done many films together starting from Jism (2003).
- Genelia D’Souza (2011) – John reportedly got married to actress Genelia D’Souza on the set of Force in 2011. In the film, their marriage recitals were to be done by an acting pandit but instead the casting team had called a real pandit to make the scene more realistic. However, the pandit completed the real rituals and blessed them as well.
- Priya Runchal (2011-Present) – NRI financial analyst and investment banker from USA native to McLeodganj, Priya Runchal started dating Abraham in 2011. They first met in Mumbai in December 2010. He is now secretly married to her.
Race / Ethnicity
His mother is Parsi and father is Christian.
- Well built Body
- Sex Symbol
He has a great body and he doesn’t like to remain thin and skinny. Though he has not officially revealed about his measurements, but it seemed that he achieved a 21″ biceps after his 2011 action thriller movie Force.
- Chest – 45″
- Biceps – 17″
- Waist – 34″
Branded JA Clothes (John Abraham’s own fashion line), Yamaha, Garnier, Philips Grooming Range, Haier India (2010), Castrol Power1
Best Known For
For his roles in films like Jism (2003) as Kabir Lal, Paap (2004) as Shiven, Dhoom (2004) as Kabir, Garam Masala (2005) as Sam, Dostana (2008) as Kunal, Desi Boyz (2011) as Hunter, Housefull 2 (2012) as Max.
He is not a singer. But has appeared in many music videos of singers including Jazzy B, Pankaj Udhas, Hans Raj Hans. His first music video appearance was in Punjabi song Surma by Jazzy B.
As Actor – Indian erotic thriller film Jism for his role as Kabir Lal released in 2003. He was the love interest of Bipasha Basu (now his ex-girlfriend). This movie earned him a Filmfare Best Debut Award nomination also.
As Producer – 2007 romantic Bollywood film Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love was his first film as a producer. He actually co-produced this film with Mukesh Talreja and Sunil Manchanda.
First TV Show
Besides talk shows or film promotions, he has not hosted or appeared in any television shows.
In 2008, he hired a personal trainer Mike Ryan, who is a celebrity trainer. He says that he works a lot for his body. After doing 2011 movie, Force, he said his body is 70 percent fit and he is expecting to have a more fit body and nice physique in the coming years. He never neglects his breakfast. For increasing protein levels, he takes eggs. He also intakes diet supplements, which consists of 30 percent of his total nutrition. Lunch and dinner is normal Indian food.
Regarding workouts, Abraham also focuses on calves muscles, found in legs (bottom part). He considers it, an important part of bodybuilding. He took the help of this old saying to support his words, which is –
“Testosterone shoots bottom up.”
See his complete workout, exercise routine, and diet plan.
John Abraham Favorite Actress
John Abraham Facts
- He started his modeling career by first appearing in the Punjabi music video of the song Surma by Jazzy B.
- He, then, worked for media firm Time & Space Media Entertainment Promotions Ltd, which closed due to financial problems.
- Abraham also worked as a media planner for the company Enterprises-Nexus.
- His mother is Parsi and father is Malayali.
- His father is an architect from Aluva, Kerala who is a Marthomite Syrian Christian.
- His father named him John while his surname Farhan is a Parsi name (due to mother’s ancestry).
- In 1999, he also won Gladrags Manhunt Contest, which made him famous.
- John has appeared in various music videos for the singers like Pankaj Udhas, Babul Supriyo, and Hans Raj Hans.
- He continued his ongoing successful modeling career while taking acting lessons from Kishore Namit Kapoor acting laboratory.
- John Abraham’s quote – “My greatest strength as an actor is that I follow my director’s brief completely. The film is always the director’s visual baby.“
- He also takes interest in People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and had posed for them in the past.
- According to his official website, he has also donated ₹10 lakhs to Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai.
- www.johnabraham.com is his official website.
- Connect with John on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.