|Fatima Sana Shaikh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Fatima Sana Shaikh is an Indian actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Geeta Phogat in Dangal, Lalzari in Modern Love Mumbai, Pinky in Ludo, and Lipakshi in Ajeeb Daastaans. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Ishq, Chachi 420, One 2 Ka 4, Bittoo Boss, Akaash Vani, Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari, Thugs of Hindostan, Ladies Special, and Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo. For her acting skills, Fatima has been nominated for numerous awards such as Screen Award and Filmfare OTT Award.
Fatima Sana Shaikh
Fatima Sana, Sana, Fati, Fatty
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Fatima Sana studied at St. Xavier High School, Mumbai. Then she joined the Mithibai College, Mumbai.
Actress and photographer
- Father – Vipan Sharma
- Mother – Raj Tabassum
- Others – Rocky Sharma (Paternal Uncle) (Actor & Businessman)
There is no information about an agent or a manager representing Fatima Sana.
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of North Indian origin.
- Prominent nose
- Dimpled smile
- Deep-set eyes
Fatima Sana Shaikh has appeared in TV commercials for –
- Vivel Glycerin
- MYNTRA 2017 TVC Instant Refunds
Her religious beliefs are unknown.
Though, she was born to a Hindu Brahmin father and a Muslim mother.
Best Known For
Playing the role of Geeta Phogat, an Indian wrestler in the film Dangal (2016) which is a biographical sports drama Hindi film, directed by Nitesh Tiwari and co-produced by Aamir Khan, who plays Mahavir Singh Phogat.
In 1997, Fatima made her debut theatrical appearance as a child actor at the age of 6 in the comedy-drama film Ishq.
First TV Show
In 1996, Fatima made her television show debut as Pinky, in the TV series The Zee Horror Show, episode “Gudiya”, presented by Ramsay Brothers on Zee TV.
Whether it’s for a particular role or just to maintain a fit body, Fatima’s workout routine is inspiring and demands a lot of discipline.
Fatima’s workout sessions include cardio like running, jumping, strength training and much more. This workout is also ideal for people who aspire to obtain a lean body.
Fatima Sana has been in the public eye since her role as a wrestler in the film Dangal. She had to train a lot to acquire the physical look and strength demands of a wrestler. For this particular film, Fatima’s cardio workouts included walking on an inclined treadmill, squats, burpees, jumping jacks, rope exercises, stretching with weights, body balancing and much more.
Fatima Sana Facts
- Her father is from Jammu (India) and her mother is from Srinagar (India).
- After being jobless for 3 years, she almost gave up her acting dreams for cinematography.
- In April 2015, she auditioned for Dangal (2016), and after 6 rounds, she got selected.
- Her hobbies include dancing, reading, sketching, and photography.
- She dislikes doing makeup.
- She is closer to her mother who is also her source of inspiration.
- Some of her films include Bade Dilwala, One 2 Ka 4, Tahaan, Best Of Luck Nikki, Bittoo Boss, Table No. 21, Akaash Vani, nuvvu nenu okkatavudam, Dangal, Thugs of Hindostan.
- In March 2021, it was revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- In November 2022, Fatima Sana Shaikh revealed that she was suffering from epilepsy which she came to know when she was filming for Dangal (2016). Moreover, the month of November is celebrated as National Epilepsy Awareness Month in India.
- Sana and John Abraham were named India’s Most Beautiful Vegetarians of 2022 by PETA India.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY-SA 3.0