|Manoj Bajpayee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1969|
Manoj Bajpayee is an Indian actor who is known for his roles in films like Satya, Shool, Zubeidaa, Gangs Of Wasseypur, and the 2019 Amazon Prime Original series The Family Man. He received the National Award for his performance in the film Satya (1998) and Pinjar (2003). He was also given a Padma Shri award for his contribution to Indian cinema in 2019. Manoj is considered to be a method actor and is known to go at lengths to prepare for a character. He has done numerous films and won various awards as well for his performances.
Belwa, Narkatiaganj, West Champaran, Bihar, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Manoj studied in a hut school due to his poor financial conditions then later completed his 12th standard from Maharani Janaki College in Bettiah. He did his graduation from Ramjas College, Delhi University. He also trained himself in acting under director and acting coach Barry John’s workshop.
- Father – Radhakant Bajpai (Farmer)
- Siblings – Poonam Dubey (Younger Sister) (Fashion Designer), Saroj Bajpayee (Older Brother), Kamini Shukla (Younger Sister), Sujit Kumar Bajpayee (Younger Brother), Garima (Younger Sister)
He is managed by H.N. Tripathi.
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manoj has dated –
- Neha Bajpayee (2006-present) – Neha and Manoj got married in 2006 and they have a daughter together.
- He had a wife before he got married to Neha but her name and identity are unknown.
Race / Ethnicity
He has been a part of commercials like –
- Pan Vilas
- CIPAM India’s “No to Piracy” campaign
Manoj Bajpayee Favorite Things
- Food – Arrabiata pasta
- Actors – Naseeruddin Shah, Raghubir Yadav, Amitabh Bachchan, Kay Kay Menon
- Destinations – New Zealand, Iceland
- Books – Apna Morcha by Kashinath Singh, Ghalib Danger by Neeraj Pandey, Godaan – The Gift of a Cow by Munshi Premchand
Manoj Bajpayee Facts
- He was named after Manoj Kumar.
- He helped his father in farming whenever he came home from his boarding school.
- Manoj went to Delhi without any reservation.
- He usually plays the role of a man from a rural background with strong moral values.
- He was rejected from NSD 4 times before he got appointed there as a teacher.
- Manoj worked hard on his Hindi and English diction during his college theatre days.
- He was very much focused on dramatics and hardly studied for his exams.
- He learned the semi-classical dance Chau (dance of west Bengal) dance form for 4 years.
- Manoj considers Barry John to be his trainer and mentor.
- He did a lot of small roles during his struggling days in films like Drohkaal, Bandit Queen, Dastak, Tamanna, and Daud.
- His character of Bhiku Mhatre in the 1998 film Satya was a breakthrough role and he also won a National Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- He won the Filmfare Critics Award for “Best Actor ” for the movie Shool in 1999.
- He never looks into the mirror while getting his makeup done because he still finds it hard to believe that he has become an actor.
- Manoj was offered a role in the 2002 film Devdas which he refused.
- He was also a part of a film called Barf that ultimately got shelved.
- He has starred in various shelved films like Delhi-The Capital, 90 MINUTES, Nilami, Bitter Rain, and many others.
- In March 2021, it was revealed that he had been tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0