|Raghubir Yadav Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1957|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Raghubir Yadav is an Indian actor, theatre artist, music composer, singer, and set designer who has worked primarily in Hindi films and shows. Over the years, he has appeared in several movies like Salaam Bombay!, Lagaan, Dil Se.., Gandhi To Hitler, Delhi-6, Peepli Live, Water, Bandit Queen, Piku, Khamoshi: The Musical, Rui Ka Bhoj, Massey Sahib, Maya Memsaab, Dharavi, In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones, 1942: A Love Story, Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai, Aaja Nachle, Kubi Matthu Iyala, Disha, Electric Moon, Shaheed-E-Mohabbat, Kuch Tum Kaho Kuch Hum Kahein, Meenaxi: A Tale of Three Cities, Aasman Se Gira, Anthony Kaun Hai?, Rudaali, Papeeha, Udhaar Ki Zindagi, Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda, Yeh Khula Aasmaan, Chor Aur Chand, Asoka, Bawandar, Agni Varsha, Darna Mana Hai, Married 2 America, Meinu Ek Ladki Chaahiye, Newton, Mantostaan, Love per Square Foot, Sui Dhaaga, Ghode Ko Jalebi Khilane Le Ja Riya Hoon, Romeo Akbar Walter, Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar, Ghoomketu, Chehre, and Pagglait.
Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India
Raghubir Yadav attended the National School of Drama (NSD), a theatre training institute situated in New Delhi, India. Also, he performed in around 40 plays in more than 2000 shows at the National School of Drama Repertory.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Music Composer, Singer, Set Designer
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Raghubir Yadav has dated –
- Poornima – He was previously married to Poornima and the duo parents a son named Achal.
- Roshni Achreja – Raghubir Yadav is married to actor Roshni Achreja, ex-wife of actor Sanjay Mishra. They have a son named Abir.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Short height
- Wears glasses
He has sung and composed the famous MP tourism ad titled MP Ajab Hai, Sabse Gajab Hai.
Raghubir Yadav Facts
- As a theatre artist, he has performed in more than 70 plays and about 2500 shows; traveling in caravans, living in tents, and performing on makeshift stages in villages, towns, and cities of India; with the Parsi Theatre Company (1967-1973) as well as has performed with glove puppet with the Rangoli Puppet Theatre, Lucknow (1973-1974).
- Raghubir Yadav made his first film appearance as Francis Massey in the 1985 Hindi drama film Massey Sahib, a role for which he received the “Silver Peacock for the Best Actor Award (Male)” at the 11th International Film Festival of India as well as won the FIPRESCI Critic’s Award for “Best Actor”.
- In 1988, he appeared as Chillum, a drug pusher and addict, in the Hindi-language drama film Salaam Bombay!. The film was nominated for the Academy Award for “Best International Feature Film” at the 61st Academy Awards.
- Raghubir Yadav was cast as Dr. Srivastava in the 2015 comedy-drama film Piku, starring Deepika Padukone, Amitabh Bachchan, and Irrfan Khan.
- He co-starred as Brij Bhushan Dubey, Manju Devi’s Husband, in the Hindi-language comedy-drama web series Panchayat in 2020. This performance won him the 2020 Filmfare OTT Award in the “Best Supporting Actor (Male) (Comedy Series)” category.
- Alongside Richa Chadha, Pratik Gandhi, Ashutosh Rana, Sharib Hashmi, Paoli Dam, and Shashank Arora, Raghubir Yadav co-starred as an ex-bureaucrat named Mohan Kumar in the Hindi-language crime mystery drama web series The Great Indian Murder in 2022.
- He has also played the role of Chacha Chaudhary in the popular television show Chacha Chaudhary.
Featured Image by Suyash.dwivedi / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0