|Ashutosh Rana Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1967|
Ashutosh Rana is an Indian actor, producer, author, and television personality who has worked in Marathi, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, and Hindi films as well as in many television shows. Some of the projects he has been cast in include Dushman, Sangharsh, LOC: Kargil, Ansh: The Deadly Part, Kismet Love Paisa Dilli, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, Bhoot – Part One: The Haunted Ship, Dhadak, Milan Talkies, Chicken Curry Law, Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai, Nene Raju Nene Mantri, Courier Boy Kalyan, Bangaram, Kshana Kshana, Tamilselvanum Thaniyar Anjalum, Karz: The Burden of Truth, Motta Shiva Ketta Shiva, Swabhimaan, Saturday Suspense, Vettai, Simmba, Dil Pardesi Ho Gayaa, Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo, Desi Kattey, Sonchiriya, Pagglait, and Zila Ghaziabad.
Ashutosh Ramnarayan Neekhra
Gadarwara, Madhya Pradesh, India
Versova, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ashutosh Rana completed his primary school in Gadarwara. He studied acting at the National School of Drama in New Delhi.
Actor, Producer, Author, Television Personality
- Father – Ramnarayan Neekhra
- Siblings – Kamini Gupta (Sister)
- Others – Rameshwar Neekhra (Cousin) (Politician, 2 times MP of Hoshangabad (Lok Sabha constituency), State Vice President of Indian National Congress)
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ashutosh Rana has dated –
- Renuka Shahane (2001-Present) – He got married to Bollywood actor Renuka Shahane in the year 2001 and they have been blessed with 2 sons – Shauryaman and Satyendra.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears glasses
- Has often been cast in negative roles
Ashutosh Rana Facts
- He grew up in Gadarwara, Madhya Pradesh.
- Ashutosh used to play the role of Ravana in the local Ramleela productions. He has also been a part of many plays with Satyadev Dubey in Prithvi Theatre.
- Alongside Kajol and Sanjay Dutt, Ashutosh Rana co-starred as a sadistic criminal named Gokul Pandit in the 1998 Hindi psychological thriller film Dushman. This performance won him the Filmfare “Best Villain” Award, Screen Award for “Best Actor in a Negative Role”, and Zee Cine Award for “Best Villain for Dushman”.
- Ashutosh Rana appeared as Lajja Shankar Pandey, a religious fanatic who believes in the sacrifice of children to gain immortality, in the 1999 psychological action horror thriller film Sangharsh. His co-stars for the projects were Akshay Kumar and Preity Zinta and this role earned him the Filmfare “Best Villain” award as well as the 2000 Zee Cine Award for “Best Villain”.
- In 2013, he was cast as Bagga in the Telugu-language action film Tadakha, for which Ashutosh Rana was nominated for a South Indian International Movie Award for “Best Actor in a Negative Role (Telugu)”.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0