|Asha Parekh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1942|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Asha Parekh is a retired Indian actor, film director, producer, and dancer who was the highest-paid female actor of her time as well as one of the most successful female actors of the 1960s and 1970s. Her film credits include Bin Phere Hum Tere, Maa, Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Hum Hindustani, Dil Deke Dekho, Sau Din Saas Ke, Jab Pyar Kisi Se Hota Hai, Gharana, Phir Wohi Dil Laya Hoon, Meri Surat Teri Ankhen, Ziddi, Mera Gaon Mera Desh, Akhand Saubhagyavati, Bin Badal Barsaat, Rakhi Aur Hathkadi, Bharosa, Mere Sanam, Do Badan, Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki, Love in Tokyo, Upkar, Teesri Manzil, Aaye Din Bahar Ke, Aadha Din Aadhee Raat, Baharon Ke Sapne, Sajan, Hum To Chale Pardes, Kahin Aur Chal, Shikar, Aya Sawan Jhoom Ke, Pagla Kahin Ka, Naya Raasta, Chirag, Kati Patang, Aan Milo Sajna, Jawan Mohabbat, Rani Aur Lalpari, Main Tere Liye, Insaaf Ka Khoon, and Andolan. For her contribution to the field of cinema, Asha Parekh was honored with the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 1992 and with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2020.
Jubilee Girl, Tomboy
Bombay, Bombay Presidency, British India (later: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India)
Asha Parekh has received dance lessons from many teachers, including Pandit Bansilal Bharati.
Actor, Film Director, Producer, Dancer
- Father – Bachubhai Parekh
- Mother – Sudha (aka Salma Parekh)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Asha Parekh has dated –
- Nasir Hussain – She was once romantically involved with film producer, director, and screenwriter Nasir Hussain, something that she confirmed in her memoir The Hit Girl. However, they did not marry as he was already married at the time. Asha Parekh later described the romance as the “only one and true love of my life.”
- Reportedly, she almost got married to an Indian professor living in America but she called off their wedding plans as he didn’t want to give up his girlfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
Asha Parekh is of Gujarati descent.
Salt and Pepper
Professionalism and independent nature
Asha Parekh Favorite Things
- Hero And Friend – Shammi Kapoor
- Personal Favorite Films – Do Badan (1966), Chirag (1969), Kati Patang (1970), Pagla Kahin Ka (1970), Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki (1978)
- Song That Was Picturized On Her – Jaiye Aap Kahan Jayenge from the film Mere Sanam (1965) (sung by Asha Bhosle)
Source – IMDb
Asha Parekh Facts
- Her mother was a Dawoodi Bohra Shia Gujarati Muslim and her father was Hindu Gujarati.
- Asha Parekh co-starred as Madhavi “Madhu”/Fake Poonam in the 1971 Hindi-language musical drama film Kati Patang and this role won her the Filmfare Award for “Best Actress”.
- From 1994 to 2000, she served as the president of the Cine Artistes’ Association. She later described the role as time-consuming, difficult, and ultimately a “thankless job.”
- In 2022, she received the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Award for “Outstanding Contribution to Film Industry”.
- Asha Parekh had tried to adopt a child but the doctors refused to let her adopt him as the child had birth defects.
Featured Image by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting / Press Information Bureau on behalf of Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India / Government Open Data License – India (GODL)