|Raveena Tandon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1974|
Raveena Tandon is a well distinguished Indian actress, producer, and former model who is best known for her important portrayal in Laadla (1994), Dilwale (1994), Mohra (1994), Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Ziddi (1997), Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998), Dulhe Raja (1998) Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence (2001) and Aks (2001). Besides that, she has appeared in more than 2 dozen other films and worked with some of Bollywood’s biggest stars such as Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgn, Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Shakti Kapoor, Johnny Lever, Amitabh Bachchan, Aditya Pancholi, and Shahrukh Khan. She is also considered to be one of the most beautiful actresses in the industry even after being part of the industry for more than 2 decades. Nevertheless, off-screen Raveena has worked with various NGO’s including the “Children’s Film Society of India” and “PETA.”
Raveena has also amassed a huge fan base over time with more than 2 million followers on Twitter, more than 4 million followers on Instagram, and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Raveena studied at the Jamnabai Narsee School, which is located in Juhu, Mumbai. She studied at Mithibai College in the past.
Actress, Producer, Former Model
- Father – Ravi Tandon (Director, Producer) (Died in 2022)
- Mother – Veena Tandon
- Siblings – Rajiv Tandon (Actor)
- Others – Mac Mohan (Actor) (Uncle), Manjari Makijany (Director, Producer) (Cousin), Kiran Rathod (Actor) (Cousin)
She was previously represented by actress Ridhima Pandit and Anirban Das Blah.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Raveena has dated –
- Kamal Sadanah (1992) – Actor Kamal Sadanah was said to have been in love with actress Pooja Bhatt who happened to be a close friend of Raveena. The three of them would often go out to parties and spend time with one another until Kamal and Raveena started getting closer. It is said that, upon realizing what was happening, Pooja began to avoid Kamal and Raveena. However, Raveena continued to go out with Kamal but like all good things don’t last forever, so did their relationship. They started to fight a lot which, eventually led to the end of the happy-go-lucky story.
- Ajay Devgn (1995) – During the early ’90s, Raveena and actor Ajay Devgn were said to have been in a relationship. She had also told the media that they had even exchanged love letters and knew one another since college. However, matters got worse when Raveena took to publicly announce that they had dated one another after they split. In an interview with Filmfare in 1994, Ajay told them that their relationship was nothing but fragmentation in Raveena’s mind. He also spoke about how they shared no such kind of bond ever and that the only reason why he spoke to her was that she was a friend of his sister Neelam. He even spoke up on Raveena’s suicide attempt stating “She’s just trying to get publicity by linking her name with mine. Her so-called suicide attempt was also a publicity gimmick.” Around the same time, Ajay was also said to have been dumped by actress Karisma Kapoor due to the rumors.
- Akshay Kumar (1994-1996) – Raveena and well-established actor Akshay Kumar fell in love with one another while shooting for director Rajiv Rai’s Mohra (1994). Their on-screen chemistry blossomed into an off-screen love as well. The couple had even secretly gotten engaged to one at a temple. However, things started to fall apart when rumors of Akshay dating actress Rekha started to surface. However, their relationship finally fell apart in 1996, when he started dating actress and Raveena’s best friend Shilpa Shetty. In 1999, during an interview with Stardust, she told them that Akshay was afraid of losing his female fan following and hence kept their engagement a secret. She also added, “Akshay proposes to every girl and the speed on which he is going, he will soon have to address the parents of three-fourth of girls in Mumbai as Mom and Dad.”
- John Abraham (2002) – Actor John Abraham and Raveena were rumored to have had a short fling with each other in the year 2002. There have also been reports that they were engaged. However, there has been no hard evidence to shed life on these speculations.
- Madhur Bhandarkar (2003) – The word around B-town in 2003 was that of Raveena and director Madhur Bhandarkar fling during the making of his Satta.
- Anil Thadani (2003-Present) – Filmmaker Anil Thadani and Raveena met one another for the very first time during the filming of Stumped (2003). It was also her debut film as a producer. The couple instantly clicked and started dating one another. Later, in November 2003, the duo had issued a public announcement following their engagement. Then on February 22, 2004, Anil and Raveena finally tied the knot at the Jag Mandir Palace in Udaipur, Rajasthan. The wedding was carried out in Punjabi tradition. They had their first child a girl named Rasha Thadani (b. March 16, 2005). Later, they had their second child a boy named Ranbirvardhan (b. July 12, 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Punjabi heritage.
- Plush lips
- Broad physique
- Chiseled jawline
Raveena has appeared in commercials for various brands including –
- Shri Aastha Hair Oil
- Rotomac Global Private Limited
- HP Gas
- MOHAN Foundation
- In May 2022, she was announced as the brand ambassador for the Prabhu Shriram Premium Agarbatti and Dhoop.
She has also appeared in a PSA for the “National Rural Health Mission’s” Reproductive Health awareness campaign.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Kajal in Laadla (1994), Sapna in Dilwale (1994), Roma Singh in Mohra (1994), Priya in Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Jaya in Ziddi (1997), Seema in Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998), Kiran Singhania in Dulhe Raja (1998), Manjari Singh in Shool (1999), Meena in Bulandi (2000), Durga in Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence (2001) and Neeta in Aks (2001)
- Being featured on the cover of several magazines such as Fablook, Femina, TMM India, Tabloid!, Fusion Life, Enlighten India, Savvy, and Bollywood Town
- Her work alongside many of Bollywood’s biggest stars like Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgn, Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Shakti Kapoor, Johnny Lever, Amitabh Bachchan, Aditya Pancholi, and Shahrukh Khan
- Her work as a philanthropist with organizations like “Children’s Film Society of India,” “PETA,” and “UNICEF”
- Receiving various awards including 2 Filmfare Awards, a National Film Award, and the Kalakar Award
- Getting into controversial situations with various celebrities like Shilpa Shetty, Ajay Devgn, Karisma Kapoor, and Zaira Wasim
Raveena made her debut theatrical film appearance as Kiran Khanna in director Anant Balani’s Patthar Ke Phool in 1991. She was cast alongside Salman Khan in the pivot role and actor Vinod Mehra, Kiran, Reema Lagoo, and Manohar Singh appeared in supporting roles.
She made her first Telugu theatrical film appearance as Rekha in Ratha Saradhi in 1993. Raveena had worked alongside established actors Akkineni Nageswara Rao and Vinod Kumar.
Tandon made her debut Tamil theatrical film appearance in director P. Vasu‘s Sadhu in 1994.
She made her debut Kannada theatrical film appearance as Keerthi in director Upendra Rao‘s film Upendra in 1999.
Raveena made her debut Bengali theatrical film appearance as Sohini in Laboratory in 2010.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as a “Host” on Isi Ka Naam Zindagi in 1992.
In an interview with Womaniya, Raveena told them that she cannot have a size zero physique because of her broad bone structure, and also she is not petite. Besides that, she does go to the gym when she’s not busy shooting or on family holidays.
Her weekly workout routine would usually be balanced between swimming and cardio exercises at the gym. Being graciously fond of running she uses the treadmill for at least 1 hour while exercising.
During an interview with the Times Of India, she told them that she had to take measures such as indulging in a lot of swimming routines. She does in order to keep the fat from settling in her arms as that is where she is affected the most.
As for her diet, she is a conscious eater and prefers to eat healthily. She also believes that one should eat that which they know suits their body. Raveena does not believe in supplements and crash diets. She is also a non-vegetarian but consumes nothing other than fish and chicken.
Raveena also makes sure that she consumes no carbs after 6:00 o’clock in the evening and has her last meal of the day latest by 7:30 pm.
She also has cheat days on weekdays.
In 2016, Raveena told Pinkvilla that, she prefers to keep her nails trimmed and go for regular pedicures and manicures. She also added that she had stopped perming her hair as well.
She also believes that the secret to maintaining beautiful skin is to drink a lot of water, moisturize a lot, and avoid eating oily and spicy food. Raveena also advices her fans her fan to drink plenty of coconut water, fresh vegetable and fruit juices, and consume a lot of vitamin E. Another thing she strongly believes in is washing her face.
As for her makeup, she does not apply any when going out casually. She does this to maintain a balance between when she’s working and has a lot of makeup on. These also suggest getting rid of any kind of cosmetics applied to the face before going to bed.
Raveena Tandon Favorite Things
- Designer – Manish Malhotra
- Actor – Sanjay Dutt
- Indian Food – South Indian, Gujrati, Tandoori Paneer, and Chicken
- Restaurants In Dubai – Zuma, La Petite Maison
- Recipe In The Family – “Sarson ka saag with makai ki roti”
Raveena Tandon Facts
- She was named “Raveena” as a combination of her father and mother’s first name.
- Raveena was raised in a well-to-do family in Mumbai.
- While studying at Jamnabai Narsee School, she was the head girl. However, she was a backbencher and reserved child.
- Growing up, she went through a lot of teasing because her mother used to apply plenty of oil to her hair and also due to her plump physique. She was also labeled as the fattest girl in the class.
- During her college years, she was titled Rose Queen.
- Her brother was cast in the lead role of Ek Main Aur Ek Tu (1985)
- Raveena had no intentions of becoming an actress. She had rejected many films while working as an intern at Genesis Film Production Pvt Ltd. under the watchful eye of Prahlad Kakkar. However, after a lot of coaxing from Prahlad, she finally joined the industry.
- She was 17 years old when she made her debut besides actor Salman Khan in Patthar Ke Phool in 1991. Her very first role was a complete hit and she went on to receive the Filmfare Award for “Lux New Face of the Year”.
- Her film Zamaana Deewana (1995) with Shahrukh Khan was one of the films of hers that did not do well.
- Raveena is the niece of well-known actor Mac Mohan.
- Initially, director Yash Chopra had chosen her to play the lead role in his blockbuster film Darr (1992). However, she quit in between due to issues with her costume. Later, the role was given to actress Juhi Chawla.
- Her roles in the films Damini (1993) and Qayamat: City Under Threat (2003) were cut out during the finishing of the films.
- In 1995, Raveena had adopted two children, both girls. One was named Pooja, who at the time of adoption was 11 years old and the other child was named Chhaya, who was 8 years old.
- On November 1, 1998, Raveena was featured on the cover of Stardust Annual (US).
- It wasn’t until the year 2000, that Raveena had started to take a much more professional approach towards her acting career. She went on to work and earned herself critical acclaim with the films Shool (1999), Bulandi (2000), and Aks (2001).
- In the year 2000, she received the prestigious 48th National Film Award for Best Actress for her performance in the film Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence (2001).
- Raveena sang a song in support of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and to stop the killing of cows in
- In 2003, she was elected as the chairperson of the Children’s Film Society of India. However, Raveena began to receive many complaints from 2004 onwards for not being punctual at meetings and activities, which eventually led to her resigning from the organization in September 2005.
- Raveena pressed charges against 2 of India’s biggest matrimonial sites Shaadi.com and Shaaditimes.com on November 2005. According to reports, pictures of Raveena were illegitimately being used by the websites for promotions. Around the same time, she had also pressed charges against the CEO of Satyanet Solutions, for falsely stating that she had her husband Anil had met through an online site.
- She had joined hands with UNICEF in 2009 to help spread awareness on maternal and neonatal healthcare and wellbeing.
- In February 2019, Raveena had announced that her foundation would take care of the children of the 40 CRPF troopers who died in the Pulwama attack on February 14 that year.
- She is an active philanthropist who has collaborated with a number of NGOs including the Children’s Film Society of India, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and the MOHAN Foundation, along with many more.
- Raveena and director Anurag Kashyap are close friends.
- She is said to have started her very own TV production unit titled RT Video.
- In 1998, Raveena was offered the lead role in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) which was later given to actress Rani Mukerji.
- Raveena is said to have a Swiss perfume named after her.
- She and actress Perizaad Zorabian are said to have almost the same vocal tone.
- Her husband Anil Thandan was previously married to producer Romu N. Sippy’s daughter Natasha Sippy.
- It is said that Raveena’s entry into the film industry caused many relationships including that of actors Sanjay Kapoor and Tabu as well as Sunny Deol and Dimple Kapadia to end.
- She and actor Arbaaz Khan had been friends since before she entered the industry.
- In March 2018, the administration of The Sri Lingaraj temple in Bhubaneshwar pressed charges against Raveena for indulging in an advertisement shoot. However, an employee names LN Agarwal had stated that he and Raveena just happened to bump into one another the same temple on that day and that was just about it.
- She has judged various reality shows such as Chak De Bachche (2008), Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala (2011), Sabse Bada Kalakar (2017), and Nach Baliye 9 (2019).
- Raveena believes that she gets her natural glow from her father Ravi.
- In the past, she had a huge crush on actor Rishi Kapoor.
- A celebrity chef that she looks up to is English food writer and cooking show host Nigella Lawson.
- Ajay Devgn and Raveena also studied in the same college together. However, Ajay once denied ever knowing her during her public dispute.
- She once fell and hit her head on a concrete floor and blacked out while shooting for a scene with actor and close friend Salman Khan.
- Raveena had been in loggerheads with many actresses in Bollywood including Anushka Sharma, Karisma Kapoor, Shilpa Shetty, and her husband Anil Thadani’s ex-wife Natasha Sippy.
- In February 2022, Raveena’s father passed away at the age of 87 due to respiratory failure.
- In 2023, Raveena was honored with the ‘Padma Shri’ award for her contribution to the field of Art and Entertainment. It is the fourth-highest civilian award in India.
- In April 2023, during a panel discussion on ‘Nari Shakti’ at the ‘National Conclave on Mann Ki Baat @100’, Raveena talked about pay disparity in the Hindi film industry and said that in the TV industry and OTT platforms, women are paid better.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / CC-BY-3.0