|Matthew Daddario Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 1, 1987|
Matthew Daddario is an American actor, producer, and director who is best known for having been cast as Alec Lightwood in the supernatural drama series Shadowhunters (also known as Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments) and as Scooter in the comedy-drama anthology television series Why Women Kill. Moreover, he has also been a part of many other shows and movies which include the likes of Breathe In, The Debut, 36 Saints, Delivery Man, When the Game Stands Tall, Trust, Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List, Cabin Fever, Wild Game, The Last Hunt, Into the Deep, Tommy, and Growing Up and Other Lies.
Matthew Quincy Daddario
New York City, New York, United States
Matthew went to the Collegiate School in New York City.
After graduating, he got enrolled at Indiana University Bloomington to study business which he completed in 2010.
Actor, Producer, Director
- Father – Richard Daddario (Prosecutor and former head of NYPD Counterterrorism)
- Mother – Christina Daddario (Lawyer)
- Siblings – Alexandra Daddario (Older Sister) (Model and Actress), Catharine Daddario (Younger Sister)
- Others – Emilio Q. Daddario (Paternal Grandfather) (Democratic Politician and Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Connecticut), Bernice Mary Carbo (Paternal Grandmother), George Herman Titus (Maternal Grandfather), Frieda Anna Szuchy (Maternal Grandmother)
Matthew Daddario has been represented by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States.
His net worth has been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Daddario has dated –
- Esther Kim (2013-Present) – Matthew started going out with Russian beauty, Esther Kim in 2013. They have been pretty vocal and frank about their relationship and their social media accounts are littered with their PDA. They have been spotted together at fashion shows, official events, and adventure-filled trips. She is reported to be close friends with Matthew’s co-star Harry Shum Jr.’s wife Shelby Rabara and they are often pictured hanging around at Shadowhunters sets. On December 31, 2018, Esther and Matthew got married. In May 2020, it was announced via Instagram that they were expecting their first child and their daughter was born in September 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian, English, Slovak, Hungarian, Czech, and Irish ancestry.
Sports light fuzzy beard
Matthew has been featured in TV commercials for
- Amazon Kindle (2011)
- Burger King
Best Known For
Playing the role of Alec Lightwood in the fantasy TV series Shadowhunters.
In 2012, he made his first film appearance in the role of Peter Hamble in The Debut.
First TV Show
Matthew was first seen in the role of Alec Lightwood in the fantasy series Shadowhunters, which is based on Cassandra Clare’s novel The Mortal Instruments.
When he signed up for his role in Shadowhunters, he had to undertake an intense and grueling workout to get in the right shape. In the initial days, he was going out for a run in the morning. Then, he had to go for a run, when he returned from work.
Apart from running, he was also hitting the gym regularly to tone up his body. His gym routine comprised of strength training exercises, bodyweight exercises, and core workouts. Overall, he went for high-tempo and intensity workouts to get a shredded physique. The training for action and fighting sequences along with archery training also helped in achieving fitness goals.
Regarding diet, he was eating lots of lean protein in the form of chicken to fuel his body transformation. In fact, most of his diet comprised of chicken with some vegetables thrown in. By the time he was done with his workout journey, he had become a fitness freak.
Matthew Daddario Favorite Things
- Biggest Fear – Food Poisoning
- Place To Visit – Natural History Museum in New York City
- Dream Vacation – Big city or a warm beach
- Guilty Pleasure – Parmesan and cheddar cheese fried in a cast iron skillet
- Reality Show – Planet Earth (2006)
- TV Series – Archer and Breaking Bad
- Disney Movie – Aladdin (1992)
- Movie That Best Represents Hi-Life – Gladiator (2000)
- Avenger – Iron Man
- City – New York City
- Song – Angie by the Rolling Stones
- Book – Expanse Series
- Ice Cream Flavor – Kiwi
- Fantasy Book Series – The Lord of the Rings
- Holidays – New Year and July 4th
- Vegetables – Spinach and Eggplant
Source – Buzzfeed, IMDb, Freeform
Matthew Daddario Facts
- Matthew got inspired to join acting by the success of his older sister Alexandra. He claims that she made an acting career a possibility for him.
- He has expressed his desire to own a farm in the future. In fact, he claims that if he hadn’t gotten into acting, he would have tried to buy a farm and take care of animals.
- Initially, he had auditioned for the role of Jace Wayland in Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments. However, when the book author Cassandra Clare saw his audition tape, she thought he would be perfect for the role of Alec.
- For his role in Shadowhunters, he won the Teen Choice Award for “Choice TV: Breakout Star” in 2016 and Teen Choice Award for “Choice TV: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Actor” in 2018. He also got nominated for the 2016 MTV Fandom Award for “Ship of the Year” (shared with Harry Shum Jr.), the 2017 Teen Choice Awards for “Choice TV: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Actor”, “Choice TV: Ship” (shared with Harry Shum Jr.), and “Choice TV: Liplock” (shared with Harry Shum Jr.), and the 2018 Teen Choice Award for “Choice TV: Ship” (shared with Harry Shum Jr.).
- His hobbies include amateur astronomy, reading sci-fi books, and cooking. He loves to try new and weird delicacies.
- In March 2020, he brought to life the character of Blaine in an episode titled To Take a Hostage of the CBS police procedural crime drama series Tommy.
- He likes to play basketball in his free time.
- Along with Allison Tolman, Lana Parrilla, B.K. Cannon, Jordane Christie, Veronica Falcón, and Nick Frost, he co-starred as Scooter (a struggling actor and Rita’s paramour) in the 2nd season of the dark comedy-drama anthology television series Why Women Kill in 2021.