|Lana Parrilla Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 15, 1977|
|Spouse||Fred Di Blasio|
Lana Parrilla is an American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as The Evil Queen / Regina Mills in Once Upon a Time, Dr. Eva Zambrano in Miami Medical, Rita Castillo in Why Women Kill, Sarah Gavin in 24, and Angie Ordonez in Spin City. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Tax Collector, Very Mean Men, Grown Ups, Rude Awakening, NYPD Blue, Six Feet Under, Swingtown, Lost, The Defenders, Covert Affairs, and many more. For her acting skills, Lana has been honored with numerous awards such as the Imagen Award, TV Guide Award, and Teen Choice Award.
Lana Maria Parrilla
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Due to the overprotective nature of her dad, she attended Beverly Hills Playhouse Acting School little late in her life.
Lana has also studied voice acting for a decade (10 years).
The names of her elementary and high schools are not known.
- Father – Sam Parrilla (b. 1943–1994) (Baseball Player)
- Mother – Dolores Dee Azzara (American painter who has worked in the banking field)
- Siblings – Deena Parrilla (Older Sister)
- Others – Sammy (Nephew), Candice Azzara (Aunt) (Character Actress)
Brillstein Entertainment Partners
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lana has dated –
- Fred Di Blasio – Lana Parrilla started dating Fred Di Blasioin the past. On April 28, 2013, the couple got engaged in Israel. After 14 months of engagement, the couple tied knots on June 5, 2014. Though, this marriage news was confirmed by Lana on her Twitter account on August 1, 2014. In April 2019, Lana confirmed that the couple had separated.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Puerto Rican ancestry on her dad’s side while she is of Sicilian (Italian) descent on her mother’s side.
- High cheekbones
- A mark on her upper lip
- Tattoo on the underside of her right wrist
36-27-37 in or 91.5-68.5-94 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
Lana has appeared in a Disney Fantasy Land commercial.
Her religious beliefs are not confirmed. But, she may be an “Atheist.”
Best Known For
Playing The Evil Queen / Regina Mills in ABC’s fairytale drama series Once Upon a Time.
Lana debuted with the 2000 crime-comedy film Very Mean Men for her role as Teresa.
First TV Show
In 1999, Lana played the role as a waitress in 2 episodes of UPN sitcom Grown Ups.
As her dad was a baseball player, she used to very sporty and outdoorsy in her childhood. She is a quick learner and credits her genes for her all the qualities she has.
She also learned to protect herself by practicing boxing with her dad.
Lana Parrilla Favorite Things
- Actress – Glenn Close
- Color – Red
- All-time Favorite Fairytale – Dumbo (1941)
Source – LA Times, New You Magazine
Lana Parrilla Facts
- Lana likes to watch horror and thriller films.
- Lana impersonating others at 3. She used to perform in front of her family in a funny way.
- When she was 4, her parents divorced. So, the first 10 years of her life were spent with her mom, and then she started living with her dad until his death in 1994.
- Her dad was murdered in 1994. While he was alive, he was overprotective.
- She can fluently speak Spanish and English.
- Lana is very good friends with actor Robert Carlyle. She is also very close with Jared Gilmore. Jared has played her son on the series Once Upon a Time.
- She doesn’t like apples. She used to ask her mom to give her green peppers instead in lunch box when she was in school. But now, she eats a couple of apples a week.
- According to Lana herself, she is an extremely hard-working lady.
- In 2021, Lana announced the launch of her online clothing company called Keep It Regal.