|Roman Reigns Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2¼ in|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1985|
||Galina Joelle Becker|
Roman Reigns is a Samoan-American professional wrestler, actor, and former professional gridiron football player. Regarded by many as one of the best wrestlers in the world, he has held the WWE Championship three times and the WWE Universal Championship twice as well as was ranked number #1 in Pro Wrestling Illustrated‘s annual PWI 500 list of the top 500 singles wrestlers in 2016. As a football player, he played a full season for the Canadian Football League’s (CFL) Edmonton Eskimos in 2008 before his release and retirement from football.
Leati Joseph Anoaʻi
Joe, Roman Reigns, Joe Anoaʻi, Leakee, Roman Leakee
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Tampa, Florida, United States
Roman spent three years at Pensacola Catholic High School and one year at Escambia High School in Escambia County, Florida.
Roman went to the Georgia Institute of Technology and has majored in management.
Professional wrestler, former American football player
- Father – Sika Anoaʻi (Former Professional Wrestler)
- Mother – Patricia A. Anoa’i
- Siblings – Rosey (Older Brother) (Former Professional Wrestler)
- Others – Amituana’i Anoa’i (also known as The Rev. Anoa’i Amituana’i) (Paternal Grandfather), Tovaleomanaia “Tovale” Florence Leoso Ripley (Paternal Grandmother), Argie Lee Hooker (Maternal Grandfather), Josephine Theresa Bagesse (Maternal Grandmother)
Roman Reigns has been signed with WWE Performance Center, WWE Training Facility, Orlando, Florida, United States.
He wore a 99 shirt while playing for Edmonton Eskimos under the Canadian Football League (CFL).
6 ft 2¼ in or 188.5 cm
120 kg or 265 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
In December 2014, Roman married Galina Joelle Becker. From this relationship, he has a daughter named, Joelle Anoa’i. In June 2014, he appeared in a public service announcement alongside his daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
Roman is of Samoan and English descent on his father’s side and has English and Italian/Sicilian ancestry on his mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He likes wearing colored contact lenses such as ‘Blue’, ‘Green’, etc.
- Enters ring through the crowd
- Superman punch
- Long wet hair
15 (US) (via WrestlingInc.com)
He has appeared in a PSA with his daughter.
He was seen in a Snickers commercial as well.
Best Known For
Working as a professional wrestler with WWE and having achieved the title of WWE World Heavyweight Champion in the past.
First Wrestling Match
Roman made his wrestling debut in a match held on September 9, 2010, under the ring name “Roman Leakee” against Richie Steamboat which he lost.
Roman has received training from relative Afa Anoaʻi, dad Sika Anoaʻi, and Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW).
Have a look at his Wrestlemania Workout –
He has also shed out several tips on Men’s Journal for staying in the best shape possible. He says not to forget cardio and do lots of it in the gym.
He likes CrossFit a lot and does it with Seth Rollins. Roman actually likes to mix up his exercises.
Don’t forget to stretch your body parts after a workout for a faster recovery.
He doesn’t stress himself much and maintains a balance in exercises, diet, and daily life. Roman has to fight with a sweet tooth, but if eating a pie makes him happy, he will eat that. Eating at the right times is also one of the important things required to gain muscle fast.
You may also want to look at his champion-sized workout at WWE.
- Finishing Moves
- Moment of Silence
- Checkmate (Spinning Bulldog)
Roman Reigns Favorite Things
- Wrestler – Bret Hart
- Spider-Man Character – Venom
- City To Perform – Anywhere in Japan
Roman Reigns Facts
- Roman is the first cousin of wrestlers The Usos and The Rock.
- Roman is also related to former wrestlers Rikishi, The Tonga Kid, Umaga, and Yokozuna.
- He actively played football at both of his high schools (names of the schools written above) and then at his management institution.
- When he was in his senior year, Pensacola News Journal titled him as “Defensive Player of the Year.”
- In May 2007, Roman was signed by the American football team, Minnesota Vikings but they released him later in the month. Again, in August 2007, he was signed by Jacksonville Jaguars. They also released him within a week.
- When he enters the wrestling ring from the fans/audience side, he definitely gets touched at various places of his body especially by female fans. One of the incidents, he termed it as “buttcheek bandit” and told a story about the girl at late-night talk show Conan.
- After debuting in professional wrestling on September 9, 2010, he recorded his first win on September 21, 2010, against Fahd Rakman.
- He voiced his own character (Roman Reigns) in the WWE 2k14 video game released in 2013.
- In late 2008, he retired from football after playing 5 games for Edmonton Eskimos at CFL (Canadian Football League).