|Tao Okamoto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 22, 1985|
Tao Okamoto is a Japanese actress and model. She has done modeling work for popular brands such as Alexander Wang, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Miu Miu, Ralph Lauren, Fendi, Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, Yves Saint Laurent, Tommy Hilfiger, Vivienne Westwood, and many more. She has been featured on the cover of popular magazines such as i-D, V Magazine, W Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar, and Vogue. As an actress, she has appeared in a variety of films and TV shows such as The Wolverine, The Man in the High Castle, Hannibal, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Manhunt, Lost Transmissions, and many others.
New York, NY, United States
Tao is signed to various modeling agencies as listed below –
- Traffic Models – Barcelona
- Munich Models
- Premier Model Management
- Why Not Model Agency – Milan
- Donna Models – Tokyo
- Elite Model Management – Barcelona
- Energy Model Agency
- Elite Model Management – Paris
- Cal-Carries Models – Hong Kong
- Cal-Carries Models – Singapore
- The Society Model Management
- Women Management – Milan (2009 – 2013)
- Ford Models – New York (2010 – 2013)
- Women Management – Paris (2009 – 2010)
5 ft 9½ in or 176½ cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Tenzin Wild (2015-Present) – Tao tied the knot with the Co-Editor-in-Chief of The Last Magazine, Tenzin Wild in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
33-23.5-34 in or 84-59.5-86.5 cm
0 (US) or 32 (EU) or 6 (UK)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
Tao has walked the ramp and done advertisements for designers like Alexander Wang, Bace Control, Barney’s Coop, Benetton, Chanel, D&G, Emporio Armani, Fendi, Gap Premium Jeans, H&M, Hiroko Koshino, Kenneth Cole, Kenzo, Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, Mihara Yasuhiro, Miu Miu, Moschino, Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Blue Label, Sujet, Uniqlo, Uniqlo Down, Uniqlo Heattech, Uniqlo Jeans, Yves Saint Laurent, Zac Posen.
Best Known For
Modeling for famous designers and acting in The Wolverine in 2013 in the female lead role
In 2013, Tao appeared in a female lead role in the 20th Century Fox’s The Wolverine, an Australian / American superhero film. In this sixth installment of the X-Men series, she had portrayed the role as Mariko Yashida, opposite to Hugh Jackman.
First TV Show
She debuted on television with a fashion show, Ready to wear – Autumn / Winter 2006 in which she walked for Christian Wijnants, Leonard, Veronique Branquinho.
She has acted in The Wolverine, opposite Hugh Jackman. She received some tips from Jackman, and James Mangold, the director of this film. Whether it is acting or fitness tips, she has received them all.
“I wear a lot of girlie dresses [to balance out] my boyish haircut. I like the summery patterns and photo prints this season.”
Tao Okamoto Favorite Things
- Models – Stella Tennant
- Music – Broadway musicals
- Blog / Website – Cute Overload
Source – StyleCaster.com
Tao Okamoto Facts
- She started modeling locally in Japan at the age of 14.
- To build her career internationally, she shifted to Paris in 2006.
- Tao appeared on magazine covers like Glass (UK) in 2013, Harper’s Bazaar (Singapore) in 2011, Vogue (China) in 2010, Vogue (Japan) in 2009, and others.
- Designer Philip Lim is her best friend.
- The November 2009 issue of Vogue Japan was dedicated fully to Tao (inside the mag as well as on the cover). She has become the first Japanese model to be featured exclusively like this in almost a decade.
- After moving to New York City in 2009, she had her different haircut, which was an inspiration for designer Phillip Lim and he modeled the same hairstyle in the entire Fall/ Winter 2009 fashion show’s cast.
- Fellow models Anne Watanabe, Ai Tominaga, Ranya Mordanova, Rose Cordero, Daul Kim, Lyndsey Scott, Ping Hue, Milou Van Groesen, Si Tanwiboon are her nice friends.
- She had worked to raise funds for the victims of the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, which happened in Japan on March 11, 2011.
- As a kid, she had dreamed of working in the Disney company and when she studied music, she aspired to do something related to music.