|Vivienne Westwood Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1941|
Vivienne Westwood is a British fashion designer and businesswoman who is known for revolutionalizing the fashion industry by creating products that encapsulate the essence of both modern punk and new wave.
Vivienne Isabel Swire
Tintwistle, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Vivienne Westwood studied at the University of Westminster (then known as the Harrow Art School) but soon dropped out because, in her words, “I didn’t know how a working-class girl like me could possibly make a living in the art world”.
Fashion Designer, Businesswoman
- Father – Gordon Swire (Storekeeper in an aircraft factory, Greengrocer)
- Mother – Dora Swire (née Ball)
- Others – Ernest Swire (Paternal Grandfather), Florence Sheppard (Paternal Grandmother), Edward Ball (Maternal Grandfather), Eliza Jane Done (Maternal Grandmother)
Vivienne Westwood is managed by Vivienne Westwood Ltd., Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vivienne Westwood has dated –
- Derek Westwood (1962-1965) – In Harrow, she met a Hoover factory apprentice named Derek Westwood in 1962 and the duo got married on July 21, 1962. Vivienne Westwood self-made her wedding dress and the couple was blessed with a son named Benjamin (Ben) Westwood in 1963. However, they divorced in 1965 after she started going out with Malcolm McLaren.
- Malcolm McLaren – She was in a long-term relationship with impresario, clothes designer, and boutique owner, Malcolm McLaren, and they used to live in a council flat in Clapham. The relationship also resulted in the birth of a son named Joseph Corré in 1967.
- Andreas Kronthaler (1992-Present) – In 1992, she married Austrian creative director and design partner, Andreas Kronthaler, and they have been together ever since.
Race / Ethnicity
Vivienne Westwood is of English descent.
- Perennial flame hairdo
- Deep-set eyes
Vivienne Westwood Favorite Things
- Parts Of London – Courtauld Institute of Art, Wallace Collection, Whitechapel, Hampton Court, London Symphony Orchestra, Brixton Market and Electric Avenue, National Gallery
Source – Wikipedia
Vivienne Westwood Facts
- She started working in fashion only after she was 30 years old.
- In 1992, Vivienne Westwood was honored with the O.B.E. (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) for her contributions to the fashion industry.
- She designed the wedding dress for Dita Von Teese, an American vedette, burlesque dancer, singer, and actress, for her marriage to musician Marilyn Manson.
- In the 2006 Queen’s New Year’s Honours List, Vivienne Westwood was awarded the Dame Commander of the British Empire for her work in fashion.
- She has voiced her opinions regarding many political causes including the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, climate change, and civil rights groups.
- Gwen Stefani, the American musician and actress, has been a huge fan and admirer of her work and has mentioned Vivienne Westwood in her song titled Rich Girl.
- Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist is a documentary based on her life.
- Vivienne Westwood enjoys gardening and is a vegetarian.
- Some of the admirers of her creations have been Marion Cotillard, Pharrell Williams, Princess Eugenie, and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
Featured Image by Tradlands / Flickr / CC BY 2.0