|Charlotte Tilbury Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|February 10, 1973
Charlotte Tilbury is a British entrepreneur and make-up artist and the creator, founder, and director of her beauty and skin-care brand, Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Ltd. She is also a British Vogue Contributing Beauty Editor. She is a favorite name among many Hollywood stars and models. For her creativity and extra-ordinary artistic contribution to the industry, Charlotte was awarded an MBE, Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2018 for her contribution to the beauty and cosmetics industry.
Charlotte was fascinated with make-up at a very early age of 13. Her inspiration came from her mother. She admitted to discovering mascara at an early age and tried it on herself, she was in a boarding school in London then. She was fascinated to see how differently the world treated her with and without make-up. This was the turning point of her life and since then, there was no looking back. The testimony of her work can be found on the cover pages of magazines like Vogue, LOVE magazine, Vanity Fair, V Magazine and the grand success of Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Ltd. at Selfridges in London, the retailer’s biggest-ever beauty launch.
She went to Glauca Rossi School of Makeup in London.
Make-up Artist, Creative Director, Founder and Creative Producer of Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Ltd, Blogger, YouTuber
- Father – Lance Tilbury (Artist)
- Mother – Patsy Dodd (Production Manager and Painter)
- Siblings – Leah Tilbury (Sister) (Hotelier)
- Others – Sophia (Niece), Bella (Niece)
Charlotte is represented worldwide by Art Partner.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Charles Forbes (2006-2014) – Tilbury married Charles Forbes, who is a writer and actor, in 2006. However, they got divorced in 2014. They have a son together named Flynn.
- George Waud (June 2014-Present) – Charlotte then tied the knot with film producer George Waud in June 2014. They have a child together, a son named Valentine.
Race / Ethnicity
- Smokey green eyes
- Mole mark on her left cheek
- Often says ‘Darlings’ on social media
- Charlotte herself represents a brand – Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Ltd.
- Tilbury has been an ambassador for the non-profit organization called Women for Women International since 2016. The charity intends to help female war survivors in countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Rwanda, Bosnia, and Kosovo, stand on their own feet. £1 from each lipstick sold of her brand goes to the charity.
Best Known For
- Her make-up skills and achievements as a make-up artist
- Her beauty product brand Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Ltd.
First TV Show
In 2016, Charlotte was seen in the talk-show FabLife as herself.
Charlotte tries to keep herself active throughout the day.
She also likes to have healthy food the entire day. Her diet looks like –
- Breakfast – Lemon mixed inside the hot water. Plus, she has avocado and chili on gluten-free toast.
- Lunch – Cauliflower rice with green Thai prawn curry
- Dinner – Soup
Charlotte Tilbury Favorite Things
- Food – When in Ibiza, she loves to dine at Macao Cafe, La Paloma, loves the Italian food served there. She enjoys the Asian flavor at Bambuddha, Nagai. Her favorite tipple includes vodka, raspberry raspy soda, and tequila.
- Book – She loved reading Pioneers of Possible by Angella Nazarian in the summer of July 2017.
- People She Would Love To Invite – She admits to inviting if she could, Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, Marilyn Monroe, Kate Moss, and Anna Wintour.
- Market Place In Ibiza – The Hippie Marcet in Las Dalias
- Her Motto – Dare to dream it, dare to believe it, and dare to do it
Source – YouTube
Charlotte Tilbury Facts
- She grew up between London and bohemian Ibiza.
- Makeup artist Mary Greenwell was her inspiration and mentor, who introduced her to the fashion and glamour industry. Charlotte started her career as her assistant.
- She has worked with photographers like Mario Testino and Mert and Marcus as well as celebrities such as Miranda Kerr, Nicole Kidman, Cindy Crawford, Kate Moss, Kim Kardashian West, Gisele Bundchen, Penélope Cruz, Cara Delevingne, human rights lawyer Amal Clooney and many more, the list is never-ending.
- Tilbury travels extensively for her work, i.e, to style faces for the advertising campaigns and runway shows of brands, not limited to Burberry, Donna Karan and Tom Ford Beauty.
- Tilbury also works in the Fashion Weeks in New York, Milan, Paris, and London, acting as show makeup director for brands such as Prada, Miu Miu, McQueen, Cavalli, Lanvin, and Chloe.
- Her company (Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Ltd.) is financially backed by two investors – Venrex Investment Management who support start-ups; and Samos Investments, it funds e-commerce and energy ventures.
- Her signature skin-reviving cocktail – a hydrating, radiance-boosting blend creme is considered so powerful that it soon earned the nickname “Magic Cream” backstage and on the sets.
- As of July 2018, Charlotte Tilbury has won over 160 awards.
- Charlotte is Kate Moss’s best friend. The model is godmother to Charlotte’s two sons, Flynn and Valentine.
- She sells her products in her store dedicatedly. Not all retailers can have them on their shelves except for Sephora across the U.S. and Canada. The same can be found on her website (charlottetilbury.com), Sephora’s website, and on Norstrom.com, CultBeauty.co.uk.
- Charlotte has won Walpole award for the Emerging Luxury British Brand 2014, CEW Best British Brand of the Year 2015 & 2016 and Best Health & Beauty e-Commerce Website of the Year 2016.
- She has also served as the creative director for Tom Ford and Helena Rubinstein amongst others.
- In May 2016, The Telegraph described her the “Taylor Swift of Beauty”.
- In a candid chat with Leandra Medine, in ‘The Chatroom‘, Charlotte is fondly referred to as the “cheapest plastic surgeon in Hollywood” because of her majestic makeup transforming skill.
- Charlotte loves to name her product after the names of the celebrities and the people she works with. She named one of her lipsticks after her nieces’ names – THE BELLA SOFIA! She was quoted as saying “This is a combination of both of my darling nieces’ beautiful Italian and Spanish names”.
- Each shade of her Hot Lips lipstick range is named after her friends/clients names and has tried to give her customers the closest possible shade, she has used on those celebrities.
- Her fascination to name her products after the celebrities she has worked with or is fond of, has put her into trouble. According to a news published on May 19, 2019, Brooke Shields was inclined on suing Charlotte, over an eyebrow pencil named after the American actress.
- Charlotte loves to wear Poppy Delevingne Aquazzura shoes.
- She is a high heel addict.
- She is also a YouTuber and shares tutorials on makeup, beauty tips, and reviews of makeup products on her channel.
- In December 2023, Charlotte was honored with the “Special Recognition Award” from The British Fashion Council at the annual Fashion Awards.
- Visit her official website @ charlottetilbury.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Featured Image by EmmaAva88 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0