Amal Ramzi Alamuddin
Amal went to girls’ grammar school, Dr Challoner’s High School in Little Chalfont, Buckinghamshire.
Amal, then received Exhibition scholarship and hence attended St. Hugh’s College, Oxford. Amal also got a Shrigley Award there. In 2000, she graduated from this college with a Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence (Oxford’s equivalent to the LLB).
The next year, in 2001, Amal went to New York University School of Law to earn the Master of Laws degree. At that time, at International Court of Justice, she was a clerk for the clerkship program.
- Father – Ramzi Alamuddin (Retired professor of business studies at the American University of Beirut)
- Mother – Bariaa (née Miknass) Alamuddin (Foreign editor of the Pan-Arab newspaper al-Hayat)
- Siblings – Tala (Sister), Samer (Older Half-Brother), Ziad (Older Half-Brother)
Amal’s dad Ramzi Alamuddin has two sons from his first marriage Samer and Ziad.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amal started a relationship with American actor George Clooney in September 2013 after meeting at a charity event. They engaged on April 28, 2014. They officially got married on September 27, 2014, at Ca’ Farsetti. The former mayor of Rome and George’s friend, Walter Veltroni did their marriage. George is roughly 17 years older than Amal.
She is the second wife of George Clooney.
In June 2017, the couple welcomed twins named Ella (daughter) and Alexander (son).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Arab ethnicity.
- Tall frame
- Trilingual (knows French, English, and Arabic)
- London’s hottest female barrister
- Lustrous black hair
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Her mom is a Sunni Muslim, while her dad is a quasi-Muslim sect in Lebanon.
Best Known For
Being a wife to famous actor George Clooney since September 2014.
The lawyer has not done any of the films.
First TV Show
In 2013, she guest appeared in TV news show Access Hollywood as herself (lawyer) in an episode dated June 13, 2013.
In 2014, Amal has appeared in several television shows such as Inside Edition, Extra, Entertainment Tonight, and Omg! Insider.
To fit in short dresses, she had worked incredibly on her limbs. She has an amazingly lean figure.
Before the wedding too, she went on a crash diet to look good and fit in her wedding gown.
Amal Alamuddin Favorite Things
- Makeup Color – Pink
Source – PopSugar
Amal Alamuddin Facts
- Amal knows languages like French, Arabic, and English.
- During the Lebanese Civil War in the 1980s, Amal’s family relocated to London. She was 2 at that time.
- In the early 2000s, when she was at NYU, she received Jack J. Katz Memorial Award for excelling in entertainment law.
- Amal’s wedding dress was designed by New York based designer Oscar de la Renta.
- Clooney-Alamuddin wedding pictures were sold to People magazine in order to raise money for the charity.
- Amal is an advisor to the former United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan on Syria.
- During the complete wedding weekend, British makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury did Amal’s makeup.
- She has now deleted her Twitter account. But, before that, she had almost 1,800 followers, which includes actor Ashton Kutcher and former prime minister of Australia, Julia Gillard.
- The lawyer Amal Alamuddin handles the international law, human rights, extradition and criminal law cases for the London’s Doughty Street Chambers firm.
- She has also represented WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s case in 2011 during his fight against extradition by Sweden.
- There is a blog dedicated to Amal’s news and style at amalalamuddin.style.
- She is not on social media.