|Amal Clooney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 3, 1978|
Amal Clooney is a Lebanese-British barrister who has worked at Doughty Street Chambers, specializing in international law and human rights. Some of her high-profile clients include Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, in his fight against extradition; the former prime minister of Ukraine, Yulia Tymoshenko; Egyptian-Canadian journalist Mohamed Fahmy; and Nobel Prize laureate Nadia Murad. Moreover, she has also represented the Maldives in pursuing justice for Rohingya people at the UN International Court of Justice.
Amal went to girls’ grammar school, Dr Challoner’s High School in Little Chalfont, Buckinghamshire.
Amal then received an Exhibition scholarship and hence attended St. Hugh’s College, Oxford. Amal also got a Shrigley Award there. In 2000, she graduated from this college with a Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence (Oxford’s equivalent to the LLB).
The next year, in 2001, Amal went to New York University School of Law to earn the Master of Laws degree. At that time, at the International Court of Justice, she was a clerk for the clerkship program.
Barrister, Human Rights Activist
- Father – Ramzi Alamuddin (Retired professor of business studies at the American University of Beirut)
- Mother – Bariaa (née Miknass) Alamuddin (Foreign editor of the Pan-Arab newspaper al-Hayat)
- Sibling – Tala (Sister)
- Others – Samer (Older Paternal Half-Brother), Ziad (Older Paternal Half-Brother)
Amal’s dad Ramzi Alamuddin has two sons from his first marriage Samer and Ziad.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amal Clooney has dated –
- George Clooney (2013-Present) – Amal started a relationship with American actor George Clooney in September 2013 after meeting at a charity event and they soon got engaged on April 28, 2014. They officially married on September 27, 2014, at Ca’ Farsetti. The former mayor of Rome and George’s friend, Walter Veltroni did their marriage. George is roughly 17 years older than Amal. She is the second wife of George Clooney. In June 2017, the couple welcomed fraternal twins named Ella (daughter) and Alexander (son).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Lebanese Arab and Lebanese Druze descent.
- Tall frame
- Trilingual (knows French, English, and Arabic)
- London’s hottest female barrister
- Lustrous black hair
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Her mom is a Sunni Muslim, while her dad is a quasi-Muslim sect in Lebanon.
Best Known For
Being the wife of famous actor George Clooney since September 2014
First TV Show
In 2013, she guest appeared in the TV news show Access Hollywood as herself (lawyer) in an episode dated June 13, 2013.
In 2014, Amal has appeared in several television shows such as Inside Edition, Extra, Entertainment Tonight, and Omg! Insider.
To fit in short dresses, she had worked incredibly on her limbs. She has an amazingly lean figure.
Before the wedding too, she went on a crash diet to look good and fit in her wedding gown.
Amal Clooney Favorite Things
- Makeup Color – Pink
Source – PopSugar.com
Amal Clooney Facts
- Amal knows languages like French, Arabic, and English.
- During the Lebanese Civil War in the 1980s, Amal’s family relocated to London. She was 2 at that time.
- In the early 2000s, when she was at NYU, she received the Jack J. Katz Memorial Award for excelling in entertainment law.
- Amal’s wedding dress was designed by New York based designer Oscar de la Renta.
- Clooney-Alamuddin wedding pictures were sold to People magazine in order to raise money for the charity.
- Amal is an advisor to the former United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan on Syria.
- During the complete wedding weekend, British makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury did Amal’s makeup.
- She has now deleted her Twitter account. But, before that, she had almost 1,800 followers, which included actor Ashton Kutcher and former prime minister of Australia, Julia Gillard.
- The lawyer Amal Alamuddin handles the international law, human rights, extradition, and criminal law cases for the London’s Doughty Street Chambers firm.
- She has also represented WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s case in 2011 during his fight against extradition by Sweden.
- There is a blog dedicated to Amal’s news and style at amalalamuddin.style.
- Alongside the likes of David Beckham, Kate Moss, Keira Knightley, and Emma Watson, she was shortlisted for the 2014 British Fashion Award in the “Best British Style” category.
- She was named Barbara Walters’ “Most Fascinating Person of 2015”.
- In 2016, she co-founded the Clooney Foundation for Justice alongside George Clooney and has served as its president.
- The Amal Clooney Award was launched in the year 2019 by Prince Charles to celebrate ‘incredible young women’.
- She has taught human rights at the Columbia Law School as a co-professor with Sarah H. Cleveland during spring 2015, 2016, and 2018 semesters.
- She has given lectures about international criminal law at various institutes including SOAS Law School in London and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- In February 2020, she started representing the Maldives at the UN International Court of Justice to fight for the justice of Rohingya people.
- Along with George Clooney, she was honored by The Simon Wiesenthal Center with their Humanitarian Award in 2020.
- She is also the recipient of the Gwen Ifill Press Freedom Award for extraordinary achievement in press freedom. It was awarded by Committee to Protect Journalists in November 2020.
- Published in 2021 by Oxford University Press, Amal co-authored with Philippa Webb a book titled The Right to a Fair Trial in International Law.
- During the 2023 DVF Awards, Amal was honored with the “DVF Leadership Prize”.