|Ingrid Nilsen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ingrid Nilsen is an American YouTube personality who is best known for her eponymous YouTube channel, where she has more than 3.5 million subscribers. She also has a 2nd channel titled “TheGridMonster”, where she posts vlogs and more candid content. She worked with CoverGirl in the past and also served as the judge on the reality TV shows, Project Runway: Threads in 2014. Ingrid interviewed Barack Obama in a livestream in January 2016 and was named one of the United Nations Change Ambassadors later that year. During the course of her career, she has been honored with numerous awards such as the Streamy Award. She is also popular on several other social media platforms such as Instagram, where she has more than 1 million followers.
Rowland Heights, California, United States
While in school, Ingrid studied architecture as she wanted to follow in her father’s footsteps, who was an architect by profession.
YouTube beauty guru, TV hostess, makeup artist, video blogger (vlogger)
Ingrid Nilsen is represented by Flip Management.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Ingrid Nilsen has dated
- Luke Conard (2011-2013) – Ingrid started going out with musician and singer Luke Conard in 2011. Their relationship was made public in January 2012, about seven months after the alleged start of their courtship, with Luke making the announcement on his official Twitter account. However, in June 2013, they took to their respective Twitter accounts to release an official statement announcing their break-up.
- Christopher Erwin (2013-2015) – Nilsen started going out with Christopher Erwin, who was then working as an executive at the YouTube media agency Big Frame, towards the end of 2013. There were even reports of an engagement doing the rounds in 2015. However, they called it quits after four months of being engaged. Additionally, a couple of months later she came out as a lesbian. She even made it a point to thank Chris for being supportive of everything that she was going through prior to coming out.
- Hannah Hart (2015-2016) – In September 2015, Ingrid and fellow YouTube star Hannah Hart made their relationship public via their official social media accounts. However, just four months later, in January 2016, they issued separate statements revealing that they had decided to pull the curtains on their relationship.
- Jules Kutner (2016) – Ingrid took to her Instagram account in June 2016 to reveal that she has been going out with Jules Kutner. Rumors of their hookup had been floating around for about a month since Nilsen’s official account was flooded with their images together. However, there hasn’t been any update on their relationship ever since that initial post. Also, Ingrid has deleted the original Instagram post that was used to announce their relationship, which means that, in all probability, they aren’t together any longer.
- Erica Anderson – Ingrid confirmed her relationship with Erica Anderson on Instagram in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
On her mother’s side, she has Thai ancestry. While on her father’s side, she is of Norwegian descent.
- Defined jawline
- Small mouth
33-24-33 in or 84-61-84 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
- Ingrid Nilsen has a strong presence on various social media platforms and she has leveraged it to promote a number of products and brands.
- She holds the distinction of being the first YouTube personality to have been signed up as an ambassador for the cosmetic giants, CoverGirl.
- She has also been made the brand ambassador of BareMinerals in 2017.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular fashion and beauty influencers on YouTube. The subscribers on her YouTube channel are about four million strong.
- Her strong presence on other social media platforms including Instagram, on which she has over one and a half million followers.
First TV Show
In March 2013, Ingrid made her first TV show appearance in the comedy reality TV series, YouTubers React.
Ingrid Nilsen doesn’t like exercising but manages to push herself to work out as she loves the feeling after a sweat-soaked session. She usually works out at the end of the day but is not regular with her sessions. She has even roped in fellow YouTube star Cassey Ho to create a do-at-home workout that doesn’t require any fitness equipment apart from a yoga mat.
Ingrid Nilsen Favorite Things
- Food City – New York City
- New York City Restaurant – Estela
- YouTube Sensations – Estée Lalonde and Hannah Hart
- Beauty Products – NARS Heat Wave, Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm, NARS Schiap, and NARS Ingrid
- Go-to Weeknight Recipe – Soba Noodle Salad
- Perfect Smoothie – Green Smoothie – made from kale, apple, parsley, bananas, and coconut almond milk
- Apps – Postmates, Simply Being, and Snapchat
- Instagram Accounts – whiskandwhittle and andrewKnapp
Source – The New Potato
Ingrid Nilsen Facts
- In June 2015, Ingrid posted a video on her YouTube channel wherein she came out as gay.
- She has claimed in her videos that she has had to endure discrimination and harassment due to her sexual orientation. She has also alleged that she has suffered racial discrimination as she is half Asian.
- She started her YouTube career, in October 2009, as she wanted to build her confidence and get over her fear of public speaking.
- In January 2016, she was tasked with interviewing the US President Barack Obama at a live stream event hosted at the White House.
- Ingrid was made the United Nations Change Ambassador, along with six other female YouTube stars, in March 2016. The UN Change Ambassadors were tasked with fighting gender inequality.
- The OUT magazine included Ingrid in the OUT100 list in October 2016.
- In July 2016, she partnered with U by Kotex and Do Something to start Power To The Period drive. As a part of the campaign, the participants were asked to donate unused pads, tampons, and panty liners.
Featured Image by Ingrid Nilsen / Instagram