Ho Vinh Cassey
Los Angeles, California, United States
Union City, California, United States
Cassey Ho went to the James Logan High School.
After high school, she got enrolled at the Whittier College on a John Greenleaf Whittier full tuition scholarship. She graduated with a BS degree in biology in 2009.
Video blogger, social-fitness entrepreneur
- Father – Bach Ho (Oversees Operations Management and Logistics of Cassey’s business)
- Mother – Cuu Ho (Looks after shipment of her products)
- Siblings – Jackelyn Vinh Ho (Younger Sister) (Fitness Instructor)
Cassey Ho is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cassey has dated –
- Sam Livits – Finance tutor, Sam Livits and Cassey Ho announced their engagement on August 22, 2017, in an Instagram post. They were in a long-term relationship already. Their first post together on Instagram was seen in 2013. In October 2018, they got married at The Solomon Estate.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Chinese-Vietnamese descent.
However, she often dyes her hair blonde.
- Athletic figure
- Elongated face
36-30-34 in or 91.5-76-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Cassey has used her strong social media presence to pocket lucrative endorsement deals. Such is her proficiency in using her YouTube videos to push products and brands that she has been used as an example in the book Social Media Marketing All-in-One for Dummies.
Also, she has appeared in a TV commercial for Dailies Total Contact Lenses.
Best Known For
- Being one of the leading fitness instructors and bloggers.
- Her immense popularity across various social media platforms including having more than 1 million followers on Instagram and over 3.5 million subscribers on her YouTube channel.
First TV Show
In 2014, Cassey made her TV show debut on the talk show, The Dr. Oz Show.
Cassey discovered Pilates at the age of 16 and has been hooked on it since then. She has tweaked it and added elements to create her own version of Pilates to suit her better. Her Pop Pilates is a combo of dance and workout done on the beats of the pop music. It has proved to be extremely popular and has helped her become one of the prominent fitness bloggers.
Over the last couple of years, she has created a new version of Pilates known as PIIT28 and is absolutely obsessed with it. It is essentially a combination of full body strengthening Pilates moves and high-intensity cardio exercises. This workout is done over 4 rounds with each round lasting for 7 minutes and 10 seconds during which, the emphasis is on full body workout. On the whole, she works out 5 to 6 times a week.
As per diet, she is not a fan of dieting and going for calorie restricted diet. She has given dieting a try while she was preparing for a bikini competition. Although, she did manage to achieve her aesthetic goals, but she had to battle eating disorder for at least a year, due to which she resolved never to try dieting in future.
Cassey Ho Favorite Things
- Pilates Move – The earthquake
- Breakfast – An omelet of two eggs, half a cup of mushrooms, one chicken sausage, a cup of spinach and a cup of pico de gallo.
- Lunch – Chicken salad comprising of chicken breast, butter lettuce, sliced almonds, cherry tomatoes, drizzling of strawberry vinaigrette.
- Dinner – Miso flavored tilapia with a cup of sautéed spinach, a cup of quinoa, a cup of roasted butternut squash, and two tablespoons of Sriracha.
- Workout – PIIT28
- Healthy Restaurant – Spinfish Poke in Santa Monica, California
- Healthy Snack – Avocado Toast
- Favorite Smoothie Ingredients – Coconut Yogurt, fresh berries, and banana
- Instagram Accounts – Baby animal IGs and Food IGs
- Must-Have Kitchen Ingredients – Avocado, Bananas, and Sriracha
- Health App – Blogilates
- Workout Songs – I Took a Pill in Ibiza (By Mike Posner), Gold (By Kiiara), Can’t Stop the Feeling (By Justin Timberlake)
Source – Style Caster
Cassey Ho Facts
- Discovering Pilates at the age of 16, sparked her interest in fitness and health. She discovered Pilates while watching an infomercial for Pilates DVD by Mari Winsor.
- It was her childhood dream to become a fashion designer. However, when she told her father at the age of 16 about her career aspiration, he wasn’t too thrilled with her choice.
- From 2001 to 2005, Cassey was the co-owner (along with her mom) of a bakery named “Cooplex Cookies & Candies”.
- In April 2015, she created a YouTube video in which she sought to draw awareness to cyberbullying and the negative effect it has on victim’s mind and life. It was a viral hit.
- Cassey was one of the 18 fashion designers who were invited to showcase their work at Emerging Stars Fashion Show at San Francisco Fashion Week in 2007.
- Before finding it big as a social media star, she used to work as an intern at Effie’s Heart, which is San Jose based clothing company. She even worked as a fashion buyer for 9 months in Boston.
- She was working as a part-time Pilates instructor when she started her YouTube career by posting her first video, POP Pilates: Total Body Sculpt video, with an aim of providing online workouts to students living in Boston.
- In August 2014, she launched her exclusive line of activewear clothing under the label of Bodypop. This clothing line was eventually discontinued and replaced with a new clothing line, Popflex.
- Cassey is also credited as the creator of the YOLO Meal (YOLO stands for “You Only Live Once), in which you are allowed to have unhealthy food such as pizza and ice cream once in a week.
- Visit her official blog @ blogilates.com.
- Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube.