|Stella Tennant Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 1970|
Stella Tennant was a British model and fashion designer who rose to fame in the early 1990s and spanned over a course of almost 30 years. During that time, she had worked with several well-known designers such as Helmut Lang, Karl Lagerfeld, Marc Jacobs, Alexander McQueen, and Gianni Versace.
Stella was born on December 17, 1970.
She died on December 22, 2020, at the age of 50 in Duns, Scottish Borders, Scotland due to suicide.
London, England, United Kingdom
Stella studied at St Leonards School in St Andrews before going to attend Marlborough College. Then, she graduated with a degree in sculpture at the Winchester School of Art.
Model, Fashion Designer
- Father – The Hon. Tobias Tennant
- Mother – Lady Emma Cavendish
- Siblings – Isabel Tennant (Older Sister), Eddie Tennant (Older Brother)
- Others – Andrew Cavendish (Maternal Grandfather) (11th Duke of Devonshire), Deborah Mitford (Maternal Grandmother), Jessica Mitford (Grand-Aunt), Nancy Mitford (Grand-Aunt), Diana Mitford (Grand-Aunt), Unity Mitford (Grand-Aunt), Pamela Mitford (Grand-Aunt), Stephen Tennant (Uncle) (Socialite), Daphne Guinness (Second Cousin) (Artist, Musican, Poet), Sub-Lieutenant Christopher Grey Tennant (Paternal Grandfather) (2nd Baron Glenconner), Elizabeth Powell (Paternal Grandmother)
As a model, Stella was represented by –
- DNA Model Management – New York
- VIVA Model Management – Paris
- VIVA Model Management – London
- Mega Model Agency – Hamburg
- VIVA Model Management – Barcelona
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Stella has been in a relationship with –
- David Lasnet (1999-2020) – Stella tied the knot with French photographer and osteopath David Lasnet on June 22, 1999. The couple’s wedding took place in the village of Oxnam, Roxburghshire. Together, the couple had 4 children, 3 of whom are named Cecily, Jasmine, and David. During their relationship, they resided on the outskirts of Duns, in the small village of Edrom in Berwickshire. However, in spite of being married for more than 2 decades, they had announced their separation in August 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Stella had English, Scottish, Northern Irish, Irish, Welsh, and distant French.
- Towering physical appearance
- Alluring eyes
Stella had been featured in campaigns for various brands and designers such as Calvin Klein, Chanel, Hermès, Burberry, AGL, Akris, Alberta Ferretti, American Legend, American Style, Burberry, Burberry ‘Touch’ fragrance, Celine, Cerruti 1881, Chanel, Christian Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, Episode, Exte, Gianfranco Ferré, Gap Denim, Givenchy, Givenchy Eyewear, Giorgio Armani, H&M, Harrods, Helmut Lang, Hermès, Istante, Jil Sander, LK Bennet, Marc Jacobs, Mariella Burani, Marni, MaxMara, Missoni, MOGA, Nordstrom, Rankin, Saks Fifth Avenue, Valentino, Vera Wang, Versace Atelier, Versace Couture, Versus, Vivienne Westwood, Yves Saint Laurent, and Zara.
Stella Tennant Facts
- She was featured in the 1998 Pirelli Calendar.
- Tennant was discovered by a fashion writer at UK Vogue Plum Sykes when she was 23 years old, who in turn introduced her to photographer Steven Meisel.
- She won the title of “Model of the Year 2001” at the VH-1 fashion awards.
- Tennant had worked with several well-known photographers such as Steven Meisel, Bruce Weber, Paolo Roversi, and Tim Walker.
- She co-owned Tennant & Son with her sister that produced a line of hand-knitted cashmere.
- Stella had been featured on the cover of various magazines including Amica, Numéro, Marie Claire, Elle, Nova, Vogue, i-D, and Harper’s Bazaar.
- On December 22, 2020, Stella committed suicide in Duns, Scottish Borders, Scotland shortly after her 50th birthday. She had been diagnosed with mental health issues in the past which was according to her family the main cause of her death.