|Sharib Hashmi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 25, 1976|
Sharib Hashmi is an Indian Bollywood actor who came into prominence after appearing in the British drama film Slumdog Millionaire in 2008, that went on to win the Oscar. He solidified his fame by starring in several other movies, like the winner of the National Film Award in 2013 for “Best Feature Film in Hindi” Filmistaan (2012), in which he portrayed the lead role of Sunny. Sharib has also been featured in many TV shows including the blockbuster espionage action thriller streaming series on Amazon Prime Video The Family Man, where he began playing the part of JK Talpade in 2019. He has amassed more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Malad, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sharib went to St. John’s Model English High School. He then graduated from Bhavan’s College in Mumbai, India.
- Father – Z. A. Johar (Film Journalist)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Nasreen Hashmi (2003-Present) – He tied the knot with his college sweetheart, Nasreen, on December 27, 2003. They have a son and a daughter together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Cheerful smile
- Cleft chin
He has appeared in the commercials for numerous brands such as Swiggy and Anchor White Toothpaste.
Sharib Hashmi Favorite Things
- Actor – Aamir Khan
- Actress – Waheeda Rehman
- Dialogue – “Aaj khush toh bahut hogey tum!”
Source – Bollywood Life
Sharib Hashmi Facts
- He always dreamed of becoming an actor. As a kid, he would crave to be a hero. However, he had a complex because of his short frame and used to think he would not be able to do much with his personality and appearance.
- He and Nasreen had faced difficulties when they had thought of tying the knot, as Nasreen’s parents had issues about Sharib being a couple of inches shorter than their daughter. Eventually, they had succeeded in convincing everybody and had got married happily.
- Sharib has disclosed that he decided to go for acting as a profession very late in his life. He was married, with a child, employed, and was living a comfortable life when he left everything and made up his mind to pursue acting full-time. Sharib had to struggle even harder as he began from scratch at that age, and would often end up totally broke. Nevertheless, he had managed to pursue what he has loved with the support of his friends and family.
- He has affirmed that movies will always remain his first love and that he has watched a film standing outside any window, and finished it there. He has found it magical to go to a cinema hall, sit with people who are complete strangers yet cackle, cry, and applaud together.
- Sharib has pointed out that he has been a lot like his character Sunny Arora in Filmistaan.
- Sharib has revealed that his character in The Family Man had originally been named JK Ghosh. It was only after he landed the role that the makers changed the name to JK Talpade. The Bengali inspector was altered to a Marathi inspector after Sharib got selected to portray the part, in order to make the character more realistic and believable, and he has been grateful to his directors for having made the important adjustment.
Featured Image by Sharib Hashmi / Instagram