|Mukesh Ambani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1957|
Mukesh Ambani is an Indian business magnate, chairman, managing director, and the largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL); a Fortune Globe 500 company and India’s most valuable company.
Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani
Aden, Republic of Yemen
Antilia, Cumbala Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He attended the Hill Grange High School at Peddar Road, Mumbai. He took up a BE degree in Chemical Engineering at the Institute of Chemical Technology (UDCT), Matunga. Ambani later enrolled for an MBA at Stanford University but decided to withdraw in 1980 to help his father build Reliance, which was still a small enterprise at the time.
- Father – Dhirubhai Ambani
- Mother – Kokilaben Ambani
- Siblings – Anil Ambani (Younger Brother), Nina Bhadrashyam Kothari (Sister), Dipti Dattaraj Salgaocar (Sister)
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mukesh Ambani has dated –
- Nita Ambani (1985-Present) – Mukesh Ambani and Nita Ambani got married in 1985. They have 2 sons named Anant and Akash, and a daughter named Isha. The two met after his father attended a dance performance in which Nita was among the performers.
Race / Ethnicity
Mukesh Ambani Facts
- As per Forbes magazine, Ambani is the richest man in Asia. As of March 2019, he was ranked as the 13th richest person in the world.
- Growing up, he played football and hockey, and he enjoyed annual trips to villages as well as explored the different areas of Bombay.
- For his father, his grades were not as important as his all-around performance.
- In 1981, he started to help his father Dhirubhai Ambani run their family business, the Reliance Industries Limited. Around the same time, the business expanded and has also dealt with refining and petrochemicals. The business also markets products and services in retail and telecommunications.
- Their business has earned a top-five spot in the country’s telecommunication services since its public launching on September 5, 2016.
- As of 2016, he has consistently held the title of “India’s Richest Person” on Forbes for the past 10 years.
- Ambani is the only Indian businessman on Forbes‘ list of the “World’s Most Powerful People”.
- In January 2018, he was ranked by Forbes as the 18th wealthiest man in the world, surpassing Jack Ma, the executive chairman of Alibaba group.
- He’s the wealthiest person in the world outside North America and Europe.
- In 2015, he was ranked 5th among India’s philanthropists.
- He was appointed as a Director of Bank of America and became the first non-American to be on its board.
- Through RIL, Ambani also owns the Indian Premier League franchise, Mumbai Indians. He is also the founder of the Indian Super League, a football league in India. In 2012, he was named as one of the richest sports owners in the world, as per Forbes.
- Ambani lives at the Antilia Building, which turns out to be one of the world’s most expensive private residences with its value reaching $1 billion.
- On July 6, 2002, his father died after suffering from a 2nd stroke. Following his father’s death, a tension between the brothers elevated as their father did not leave a will for the distribution of the empire in 2004. Their mother intervened to stop the feud and decided to split the company into two, giving Ambani the full control of Reliance Industries Limited and Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Limited, which was later approved by the Bombay High Court in December 2005.
Featured Image by World Economic Forum / Flickr / CC BY-NC-SA 2.0