|Anil Ambani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1959|
Anil Ambani is an Indian businessman, best known for being the 6th richest person in the world in 2008, primarily as a chairman of Reliance Group, also known as Reliance ADA (Anil Dhirubhai Ambani) Group. The group was created as a demerger from Reliance Industries Limited in July 2006, founded by his father, which then remained solely led by his older brother. Following that event, Anil became the leader of a number of stock-listed corporations such as Reliance Capital, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Power, and Reliance Communications, the latter of which he resigned from on November 16, 2019.
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani
Bombay, Bombay State, India (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India)
Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Anil earned his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Mumbai in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He earned his Master of Business Administration degree from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Father – Dhirubhai H. Ambani (Busines Tycoon, Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Kokilaben Ambani
- Siblings – Mukesh Ambani (Older Brother) (Business Magnate, Chairman, Managing Director), Nina Bhadrashyam Kothari (Sister), Dipti Dattaraj Salgaocar (Sister)
- Others – Nandkumar C. Munim (Father-in-Law), Meenakshi Munim (Mother-in-Law)
Anil Ambani is represented by Plan C Studios (Company) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anil Ambani has dated –
- Tina Munim (1991-Present) – In February 1991, he married the former Bollywood actress, businesswoman, and chairperson of the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital as well as his corporations. In marriage, she changed her name to Tina Anil Ambani. Together, they have 2 sons, Jai Anmol Ambani (b. December 1991) and Jai Anshul Ambani (b. September 1995). Anmol earned a degree in Management from the Warwick Business School of the University of Warwick in Coventry, West Midlands, England, United Kingdom, and joined his group in 2016. He was given an Executive Director position at Reliance Infrastructure. His younger son, Anshul, joined the company in January 2019 as soon as he completed his Business Management undergraduate degree from New York University’s Stern School of Business in New York City, New York, United States. In early October 2019, he appointed both of his sons as Directors of Reliance Infrastructure. His son Anmol also sits on the board of directors of Reliance Capital.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Gujarati descent.
Due to advancing age, his hair color has turned ‘Salt and Pepper’.
- Prominent nose
- Thin eyebrows
Anil Ambani Facts
- In the 1970s, he lived in a 2-bedroom apartment with his entire family in Bhuleshwar, Mumbai. At a later date, he and his older brother bought a 14-floor apartment in Colaba and lived on separate floors with their families.
- The dispute between brothers allegedly started around the supply of gas.
- He was a member of the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Parliament of India, from 2004 to 2006.
- In 2008, he made a joint entertainment industry investment alongside Steven Spielberg‘s company DreamWorks, which was worth $1.2 billion.
- Anil has joint ventures with Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems and France’s Dassault Aviation.
- In the past, a Swedish firm named Ericsson sued him for a debt of $77 million that threatened him jail time if unpaid.
- He got an unwanted title of being one of the fastest shareholder wealth destroyers. The worth of his group’s market cap declined by 90% between 2006 and 2019.
- In May 2019, a few months before he stepped down from the director position, Reliance Communications officially declared bankruptcy for a bank debt of more than Rs 50k crore or just under $7 million.
Featured Image by Sourav Mishra / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0