|Suresh Raina Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1986|
|Spouse||Priyanka Chaudhary Raina|
Suresh Raina is an Indian retired international cricketer who is known for breaking several records as a batsman as well as for his finesse as a fielder. He is the 2nd-youngest player ever to captain India and the first Indian batsman to hit a century in all 3 formats of international cricket. Moreover, he was also a part of the Indian team that won the 2011 World Cup. He had announced his retirement from all formats of cricket in September 2022.
Suresh Kumar Raina
Sonu, Chinna Thala
Muradnagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Suresh Raina attended the Guru Gobind Singh Sports College, Lucknow.
Retired International Cricketer
- Father – Tirlokchand Raina
- Mother – Parvesh Raina
- Siblings – Dinesh Raina (Older Brother), Naresh Raina (Older Brother), Mukesh Raina (Older Brother), Renu (Older Sister)
- ODI – 48 (Formerly 3 and 30)
- T20I – 3
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Suresh Raina has dated –
- Priyanka Chaudhary Raina (2015-Present) – He got married to Priyanka Chaudhary on April 3, 2015, and the duo parents a daughter named Gracia Raina.
Race / Ethnicity
Suresh Raina is of Indian descent.
- Aggressive battling style
- Sports a goatee
He has done endorsement work for a number of brands including Intex, Boost Energy Drinks, PepsiCo, RK Global, HP, Fantain, Jio, Muthoot Group, India Cements, Nippon, HIL, Frooti, and Peter England.
Suresh Raina Facts
- It was in July 2005 that he made his ODI debut in a match against Sri Lanka at the age of 19.
- Suresh Raina made his Test debut by scoring a century in July 2010 against Sri Lanka.
- He has served as the captain of the Gujarat Lions in the Indian Premier League and as the vice-captain of the Chennai Super Kings.
- After Jamaican cricketer Chris Gayle, Raina is the 2nd player to hit 100 sixes in the IPL.
- He is the first Indian cricketer to hit a T20I century.
- Suresh Raina became the First Indian to score 6000 as well as 8000 runs in his Twenty20 career.
- He has co-founded the babycare brand MAATÉ and the Gracia Raina Foundation.
- For IPL 2022, Suresh Raina was not purchased by any of the teams in the mega auction in February 2022. He had a base price of INR 2 crore.
- On September 6, 2022, Suresh had announced his retirement from all formats of cricket.
Featured Image by Suresh Raina / Instagram