|Dawid Malan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1987|
Dawid Malan is an English professional cricketer who has represented his country primarily in Tests and T20Is. He had also played a solitary ODI, in May 2019 against Ireland. In the English domestic circuit, he has played for Middlesex County Cricket Club (2006–2019) and Yorkshire County Cricket Club (2020–Present) across all 3 formats. Having spent more than a decade at the former club, he was appointed their captain across all 3 formats before the start of the 2018 season but had stepped down following the 2019 season and had signed a 4-year contract with the latter in November 2019.
Dawid Johannes Malan
AC, The Milky Way Boss
Roehampton, Putney, London, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Dawid, after his family had moved to South Africa when he was 7 years old, had attended the Hoër Jongenskool Paarl (Paarl Boys’ High School), one of the oldest schools in South Africa, situated in Paarl in the Western Cape province.
- Father – Dawid Malan, Sr. (Former Cricketer)
- Siblings – Charl Christiaan Malan (Younger Brother) (Former Cricketer), Liné Malan (Sister) (Hockey Player for South Africa, Biokineticist)
He is represented by Advantage Sports Management Limited, Boutique Sports Management Agency, Kent, England, United Kingdom.
Right-Arm Leg Break
29 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Middlesex County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket), Barisal Bulls (BPL), Islamabad United (PSL), Yorkshire County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket), Hobart Hurricanes (BBL)
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dawid has dated –
- Claire Mottram (2018-Present) – Dawid had proposed to his long-term girlfriend Claire Mottram in December 2018 and the couple got married in October 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
He has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing company GM (Gunn & Moore) Cricket.
Dawid Malan Facts
- In July 2008, Dawid had become the first player to have scored a hundred batting at number 6 in a T20 match.
- In November 2019, he had scored the 2nd and the then fastest T20I hundred by an English batsman.
- As of March 2021, he was the number 1 ranked T20I batsman in the ICC official rankings. During his reign at the top (starting in September 2020), he had achieved the highest ever rating (915 points) in the history of the T20I format.
- A reliable and dynamic top-order batsman, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Peshawar Zalmi (2016-2017) and Islamabad United (2020) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League); Barisal Bulls (2016-17), Khulna Titans (2017-2019), and Cumilla Warriors (2019-20) in the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League); Cape Town Blitz (2018) in the MSL (Mzansi Super League); Hobart Hurricanes (2020–Present) in the BBL (Big Bash League); and Punjab Kings (2021) in the IPL (Indian Premier League).
- Although he had played very few T20I matches (less than 25) until March 2021, having made his debut as far back as June 2017, his rise to the top of the rankings was fuelled by his incredible consistency in those matches. In his first 20 T20I matches, he had amassed one century and 9 half-centuries.
Featured Image by Dawid Malan / Instagram