|Naldo Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Naldo is a Brazilian former professional footballer who is best known for his career as a centre back for teams like RS Futebol, Werder Bremen, Juventude, VfL Wolfsburg, Monaco, Schalke 04, and the Brazil national team. He has also served as an assistant coach at Bundesliga club, Schalke 04. During the course of his career, Naldo has won several tournaments such as DFB-Ligapokal, DFB-Pokal, DFL-Supercup, and Copa América.
Ronaldo Aparecido Rodrigues
Naldo, The Beast
- Siblings – Reinaldo Aparecido Rodrigues (Brother), Reginaldo Aparecido Rodrigues (Brother)
Naldo is signed with arena11 sports group.
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Naldo is married to Carla Paludo Rodrigues. Together they have a son Naldinho and a daughter Liz.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
Naldo has been endorsed by Adidas.
Ronaldo is a Christian. He has a tattoo on his back picturing Jesus on a cross with one angel that holds a guitar and another one that holds a heart. Over the whole tattoo, there is a Portuguese phrase “De Todo o Nos Livrai time Amem” which means “Deliver us from evil, Amen”.
Best Known For
His towering height, jumping, and heading skills make him a potential nightmare for his opponents. The Brazilian is also known for being two-footed and for possessing a very powerful shot many times compared to a cannonball, especially noticeable when he shoots free kicks.
First Football Match
He debuted for Werder Bremen in a 2005-2006 Bundesliga 5-2 victory over Arminia Bielefeld.
Naldo had his debut for VfL Wolfsburg in a 5-0 success against Schönberg 95.
- Head plays
- Free kicks
- Powerful shot
- Speed, Quickness
- Rodrigues started his career at the youth level playing for RS Futebol from where he was later moved to the senior squad.
- In the summer of 2005, Naldo signed with the German Bundesliga team SV Werder Bremen.
- He scored his debut goal for Werder in November 2005 in a 6-1 win over Wolfsburg.
- On October 18, 2006, Ronaldo achieved his UEFA Champions League goal in a match against Levski Sofia.
- In a game against Wolfsburg on April 17, 2010, the Brazilian international suffered a knee injury. He managed to recover faster by using painkillers which allowed him to play the remaining matches of the 2009-2010 season.
- He missed the whole 2010-2011 season and had to undergo a surgery on his knee. Naldo made his comeback in August 2011.
- On July 18, 2012, Naldo got transferred to VfL Wolfsburg. He signed a four-year deal worth 3 million euros, which eventually climbed to 4 million euros.
- Naldo failed the medical test (for fitness) in VfL Wolfsburg which led to a clause, which was additionally added and which wouldn’t let the footballer fail the medical tests again. His former club SV Werder Bremen was receiving an extra payment because of the situation.
- On May 16, 2014, Rodrigues extended his contract with VfL Wolfsburg for two more years.
- While he played for SV Werder Bremen, the fans compared him to a trained bovine (also known as a bullock in Australia and India) because of his height and athletic build. He was also their favorite player.
- The former German goalkeeper Tim Wiese once described Naldo as the best central defender in the Bundesliga.
- Besides the tattoo on his back of Jesus, he has two more tattoos on his forearms one with the name of his wife Carla and another with his son’s name Naldinho.
- Naldo has a dual citizenship of Germany and Brazil.
- He does not drink alcohol.