|Jo Kwon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jo Kwon is a South Korean singer, dancer, actor, and MC as well as the leader of the boy band 2AM. Famous for his caricatures of girl group dances, his overzealous performances and outrageous facial expressions have earned him the title of “Master of Kkab” (meaning exaggeration).
Sacre Bleu, Kkab Kwon, J-Kwon, The male Choi Ji Woo
Suwon, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
In 2015, he enrolled in the Performing Arts Department at Kyung Hee University for the Graduate Program.
Singer, Dancer, Actor, MC
He is represented by –
- Cube Entertainment Inc.
- JYP Entertainment Corporation
Big Hit, JYP, Cube
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘dark brown,’ ‘light brown,’ ‘gray,’ ‘pink,’ and ‘auburn’.
- Tattoos below the collarbone
- Mole on the left side of the neck
Jo Kwon Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Movies, Music, Singing, Surfing the internet
- Singers – JYP, Lim Jeong-hee, Rain, Usher, Beyoncé
- Supporter Of – The LGBT community
Source – TheKoreaHerald.com, GenerAsia.com
Jo Kwon Facts
- He has been the longest-serving male trainee at JYP Entertainment.
- Kwon has served as the president of the cereal cafe franchise Midnight in Seoul. The cafe-cum-bar was the first of its kind in the metropolis and became popular very quickly amongst K-pop idol singers.
- In spite of gaining popularity and stardom, Jo Kwon has not forgotten his modest beginnings when his family lived in a single room in a cold and dingy basement. After his prosperity, the first thing he did was purchase a new house for his parents with his hard-earned money.
- Jo has always faced controversy over his gender-bending performances on stage. In 2012, he had debuted as a solo artist performing on the small screen in 19.5-centimeter heels, as a result of which he was all over the news. He got both support and criticism from his fans, many wanting him back in his clean-cut, traditional look that he had been seen in before as part of the boy band 2AM.
- In 2017, Kwon delivered a powerful and flawless rendition on national TV in the show Golden Tambourine, lip-syncing Beyoncé’s number Crazy in Love in a silver mini-dress, following which he received comments on the web portal regarding his cross-dressing. The singer had tweeted back that he was born that way, referring to Lady Gaga’s song Born This Way.
- The singer started serving in the military after enlisting in November 2018 as part of South Korea’s mandatory military service.
- Jo, known for his flower boy image with a slim build, took everyone by surprise in July 2019 when he posted photos of himself on social media displaying his new muscular physique, so much so that he was hardly recognizable.
- Jo was once gifted a mouse pad by a Japanese fan which was mischievous and amusing and became an issue in Korea after a rumor spread that he had bought it himself.
- He has been active on social media and his Twitter handle has had more than 1.5 million followers. His online presence has been strong mainly due to his willingness to voice support for s*xual minorities. He has even quoted verses from the Bible urging people to be non-judgemental and love each other deeply and unconditionally.
Featured Image by Jo Kwon / Instagram