|Shalita Grant Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1988|
Shalita Grant is an American actress who is best known for being cast as Sonja Percy in NCIS: New Orleans (2015-2018) and Aurelia Johnson in Mercy Street (2016). She is also accounted for portraying the character of Cassandra in the play Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike which earned her a nomination for a Tony Award for “Best Featured Actress in a Play” in 2013. Shalita has also won numerous other awards such as the YoungArts Winner in Theater in 2006 as well as the Theatre World Award for Outstanding Broadway Debut in 2013. She is also a proud receiver of the Presidential Scholar in the Arts. She is also noted for her guest appearances in several shows such as The Good Wife (2011), Melissa & Joey (2015), and Bones (2014-2015).
Shalita Faunya Lereane Grant
Petersburg, Virginia, United States
Shalita divides her time between New Orleans and Los Angeles.
Grant studied at the Baltimore School for the Arts in Maryland. She also studied at the Appomattox Regional Governor’s School for the Arts And Technology in Petersburg, Virginia.
Later, she received a scholarship to study at Juilliard School. After taking the opportunity given to her, Grant graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drama in 2010.
Shalita is represented by the Agency for the Performing Arts and D2 Management.
4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shalita has dated –
- Jaymes Vaughan – Shalita was rumored to be dating television actor Jaymes Vaughan in the past. However, there had been no such confirmation by either of the stars.
- Sabrina Skau (2016-Present) – Video director Sabrina Skau and Shalita met one another through a dating app in October 2016. The duo had a long-distance relationship for a while and finally, on Christmas Eve of 2017, Sabrina proposed to her. 8 months later, the couple got engaged, then got married on August 8, 2018, at the San Francisco City Hall.
Race / Ethnicity
Through her social media, Shalita has either endorsed or promoted many brands like –
- Dr. Martens
- Tease Polewear
Best Known For
- Being cast as Sonja Percy in NCIS: New Orleans (2015-2018) and Aurelia Johnson in Mercy Street (2016)
- Her guest appearances in several TV shows such as The Good Wife (2011), Melissa & Joey (2015), and Bones (2014-2015)
- Being nominated for a Tony Award for “Best Featured Actress in a Play” for her character as Cassandra in the play Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
- Being awarded a Presidential Scholar in the Arts
- Getting crowned as a YoungArts Winner in Theater in 2006
First TV Show
Shalita made her debut TV show appearance as Sergeant Nora Swan in The Good Wife in 2011.
Shalita’s 6-day workout regime helps keep her physique in perfect shape. She trains for 1 hour each day and focuses more on her strength rather than just achieving a lean physique. She enjoys doing exercises that involve heavy weight lifting.
Shalita has also adopted a daily night routine that consists of pull-ups, deadlifts, squats, push-ups, shoulder presses, and other core exercises.
As for her diet routine, Shalita is a vegetarian. However, she enjoys eating fish every now-and-then for its nutritious properties. She also has a chef to prepare her meals. Grant also avoids eating junk food as well as unnecessary titbits.
She also makes sure to include a healthy amount of fiber and fruits into her daily meal plan.
Grant keeps herself motivated with 5 simple laws that are –
- Setting goals
- Staying on her toes
- Not just winning all the time
- Making exercise a lifestyle
- Being grateful
Shalita Grant Favorite Things
- Workout Moves – Deadbug
- Song To Play In Her Car – Moves (2017) by Big Sean
Shalita Grant Facts
- She finds her inspiration from actress Jurnee Smollett-Bell.
- In order to get into Baltimore School for the Arts, she played the role of Beneatha and her mother from the play A Raisin in the Sun. While auditioning, she slapped herself to make the audition even more realistic and overwhelmed the teachers present.
- In 2006, she was awarded the YoungArts Winner in Theater. Later, she also earned a Presidential Scholar in the Art, that was given to her by the U.S. Presidential Scholars Program during her senior year.
- She was 17 years old when she received a scholarship to study at Juilliard School. While studying there, 2 of her self-written articles were published in “The Juilliard Journal”.
- In 2013, she was nominated for a Tony Award for “Best Featured Actress in a Play” for her outstanding performance in Christopher Durang’s comedy play Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike. The same year, she also won the “Theatre World Award”.
- After winning her first Tony Award in 2013, she moved to Los Angeles in order to build upon her acting career. Though it wasn’t easy for her in the beginning, as she was rejected in almost 54 auditions and reached a point where she had practically spent up all her savings.
- She worked as a bartender for a short while, in order to be able to fund her living until she got her first job in The Good Wife (2011).
- Grant is associated with the anti-racism organization A People’s Institute for Survival and Beyond.
- She has 2 pet dogs named Tuna and Tits.
- In 2017, Grant had no television at her place. She had done away with it in order to keep herself from being secluded from the outdoors.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Shalita Grant / Instagram