|Charli XCX Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Charli XCX is an English singer, songwriter, voiceover artist, producer, actress, and music video director who gained popularity with her collaboration with Icona Pop for the song titled I Love It. Charli has also released several albums, mixtapes, extended plays, and tracks which include How I’m Feeling Now, Sucker, Charli, True Romance, Heartbreaks and Earthquakes, Number 1 Angel, Vroom Vroom, Nuclear Seasons, Break the Rules, After the Afterparty (ft. Lil Yachty), SuperLove, Boom Clap, 5 in the Morning, Focus, Girls Night Out, and Blame It on Your Love (ft. Lizzo). In addition to that, she has also been a part of shows and movies like The Angry Birds Movie, Lost in the North, The F-Word and Me, UglyDolls, Late Show with David Letterman, The Graham Norton Show, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and I’m with the Band: Nasty Cherry.
Charlotte Emma Aitchison
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
She divides her time between –
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Charli XCX went to Bishop’s Stortford College. In 2010, she left the college.
Later, she started going to UCL’s Slade School of Fine Art. But, Charli again left this course too in the second year.
Singer, Songwriter, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Actress, Music Video Director
- Father – Jon Aitchison (Entrepreneur, former show-booker)
- Mother – Shameera (Former nurse and flight attendant)
She has been represented by –
- James Whitting of Coda Agency Ltd.
- Full Stop Management, LLC, Music Artist Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Pop punk, indietronica, synthpunk, dark pop, electropop, witch house, synthpop, electronic
Orgy Music, This Is Music, Asylum, Atlantic, IAMSOUND, Vroom Vroom, Warner
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charli XCX has dated –
- Ryan Andrews (2014) – XCX dated Welsh filmmaker Ryan previously in 2014. He is nearly 10 years her senior and directed five of Charli XCX’s early music videos.
- Huck Kwong – She has been in a long-term relationship with Huck Kwong. He used to work as an A&R and actress Emmie Lichtenberg has been one of their mutual friends.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish ancestry on her father’s side while Indian (Gujarati) ancestry on her mother’s side who is originally from Uganda.
- Curly hair
- Never books an appointment to get her haircut. People on shoots sometimes cut her hair.
- Leather jackets and sunglasses
35-26-34 in or 89-66-87 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU) or 5 (UK)
She was announced as the new face of TIGI Bed Head in November 2014.
Best Known For
Her singles such as “I Love It”, “Fancy” (Iggy Azalea song), “Boom Clap” and others.
Charli XCX released her debut album 14 in 2008 via Orgy Music. It didn’t chart anywhere. The album consisted of 14 singles, which gave it a total length of about 51 minutes.
As a voiceover artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Willow in the 2016 computer-animated comedy film, The Angry Birds Movie (also referred to as Angry Birds), based on Rovio Entertainment’s video game series of the same name.
First TV Show
In 2014, she guest appeared in late-night live television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live as herself in an episode titled “Martin Freeman / Charli XCX.”
In her younger days, she used to worry about her weight. But, now, it is not the case.
Right now, she doesn’t think about exercising or anything related to fitness. She is young and performing in concerts or going on stage for an hour a night is sufficient for her.
She is a foodie, though, and likes to eat a lot of food.
Charli XCX Favorite Things
- Food – Fried chicken, sushi
- Chocolate – Bournville dark chocolate
- Animal – Snow Tiger
- Fragrance – Daisy by Marc Jacobs (because the bottle looks good), Victoria’s Secret body sprays (as these are light), Burberry Brit fragrance
- Dog Breed – French bulldog
- Yogurt – She doesn’t like yogurt
- Fruit – Kiwi
Source – PopJustice.com, NYTimes.com
Charli XCX Facts
- Charlotte was born in Cambridge but raised in Bishop’s Stortford, East Hertfordshire.
- At 14, she started songwriting.
- “The Big Bang Theory” is her least favorite television show.
- She prefers cats over dogs.
- She likes to purchase her pants from Urban Outfitters.
- In the morning, she is generally chubby (because her face swells up at night), moany and grizzly.
- She sees music in different colors because she has a form of synesthesia. So, she does not like music which is in yellow, green, or brown color but likes music in black, pink, purple, or red colors.
- According to her, Friday is the best day of the week while Tuesday is the worst.
- She never gets her haircut. In her younger days, her mom used to get her haircut. But, now, it does not happen.
- She once received Versace sunglasses for free. But, lost them 2 hours later.
- She is not good at Chemistry subject in school.
- She first got to know about s*x at the age of 10 or 12 and her dad told her so.
- She is not at cooking. In fact, she is the worst cook in her family.
- Charli XCX is her stage name. She first used this at the age of 15, while signing with one of her early labels. Actually, “Charli XCX” is her MSN Messenger screen name, and she told the label to use this name to put on flyers, and banners.
- Charli XCX got musical inspiration from Siouxsie & The Banshees, Kate Bush, Mariah Carey, and Spice Girls.
- She voiced the character of Willow in the action animated film The Angry Birds Movie (2016).
- After the tragic death of her friend and collaborator, Sophie, the hashtag #HereForCharli was created for her by her fans which was trending worldwide in early 2021.
- In September 2021, Charli XCX released the music video of her new single titled Good Ones.