|Lizzo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lizzo is an American singer, rapper, songwriter, and flutist who released 2 of her albums, Lizzobangers and Big Grrrl Small World, before signing with Nice Life and Atlantic Records and it was her 3rd full-length studio album, Cuz I Love You, that brought her more success and mainstream popularity. It was certified ‘Platinum’ by the United States (RIAA) and Canada (Music Canada) and was also included in Billboard‘s lists of “The 50 Best Albums of 2019” and “The 100 Greatest Albums of the 2010s”. She has also released several extended plays, mixtapes, and tracks which include Coconut Oil, Good as Hell (solo or ft. Ariana Grande), Truth Hurts, Juice, Water Me, Never Felt Like Christmas, Faded, Paris, and Tempo (ft. Missy Elliott). Her musical talent has won her at least 3 Grammy Awards, a Billboard Music Award, a BET Award, and 2 Soul Train Music Awards and she was named “Entertainer of the Year” by Time magazine in 2019 for her meteoric rise and contribution to music.
Melissa Viviane Jefferson
Detroit, Michigan, United States
While Lizzo was studying in high school, she took classes to learn how to play the classical flute.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Flutist
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Lizzo is managed by Full Stop Management.
Hip hop, alternative hip hop, pop music
Totally Gross National Product, BGSW, Atlantic Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
140 kg or 308.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Voluminous curly hair
- Oversized figure
Lizzo and Caroline Smith’s single Let ‘Em Say was used in a TV commercial for Target.
She has also used her strong social media following to promote a couple of products and brands.
Best Known For
- The critical acclaim garnered by her studio album, Big Grrrl Small World. The album was placed in the 17th spot by Spin magazine in the list featuring “50 Best Hip-Hop Albums of 2015”.
- The cult following achieved by her single My Skin, which aims to drive the empowerment message home.
- Having collaborated with established artists such as Prince, Mike Mictlan, and Lazerbreak.
In 2013, she released her debut studio album, Lizzobangers in collaboration with independent label, Totally Gross National Product. After she became a nationwide sensation, the album was re-released by Virgin Records in 2014.
She made her first theatrical film appearance as Liz, a stripper, in the 2019 crime drama film, Hustlers, in which she co-starred alongside Constance Wu, Jennifer Lopez, Julia Stiles, Keke Palmer, Lili Reinhart, and Cardi B.
As a voiceover artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Lydia, a purple-haired perfect doll and one of the Spy Girls, in the computer-animated musical adventure-comedy film, UglyDolls, in 2019.
First TV Show
In 2014, Lizzo made her first TV show appearance in the reality TV series, Made in Chelsea: NYC.
Lizzo Favorite Things
- NFL Team – Minnesota Vikings
Source – NPR
- She decided to move to Minnesota after her band in Houston had broken up. Heartbroken, she moved to Denver with her mother and sister for a brief time and there she met a record producer, who encouraged her to move to Minnesota for the sake of her career.
- Initially, she wasn’t interested in moving to Minnesota as she wasn’t particularly a fan of the freezing weather conditions.
- In her early days in Minnesota, she used to perform with the soul-pop duo, Lizzo & The Larva Ink. She was also a member of the female rap group, The Chalice, which was quite popular locally.
- While growing up, she often battled with body acceptance. Her insecurities continued to haunt her until she reached the age of 21 when she realized that she can’t change who she is and she should be okay with it.
- She has founded 5 different rap/hip-hop groups – Grrrl Prty, The Chalice, Ellypseas, The Clerb, and Absynthe.
- In 2014, she was included by Time magazine in the list featuring 14 music artists to watch in 2014.
- Her album, Cuz I Love You, won several accolades including the 2020 Grammy Award for “Best Urban Contemporary Album” and the 2019 Soul Train Music Award for “Album/Mixtape of the Year”.
- Early in her childhood, her family decided to move to Houston from Michigan.
- Lizzo received the ‘Favorite Vegan Cooking Videos’ award at the PETA’s 2020 Libby Awards for her great TikTok videos.
- She had gifted her mother an Audi car for Christmas 2020.
- In March 2021, she announced the launch of the reality television series for Amazon titled Dynamic, Full-Figured Women. The goal of the series is to search for dynamic, full-figured women to join her on tour and perform with her on stage.
- In August 2021, she and Cardi B released their new single titled Rumors.
Featured Image by Lizzo / Instagram