|Julia Stiles Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1981|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Julia Stiles is an American actor, producer, and director who started acting as a child artist. She is known for playing Kat Stratford in the teen romantic comedy film 10 Things I Hate About You, Veronica in the romantic comedy-drama film Silver Linings Playbook, Lumen Ann Pierce in the Showtime crime drama series Dexter, Carla in the comedy film State and Main, Sara Johnson in the teen dance film Save the Last Dance, Paula Murphy in the drama film The Business of Strangers, Ellie Christianson in the thriller film Wicked, Joan Brandwyn in the drama film Mona Lisa Smile, Georgina Clios in the TV drama series Riviera, Paige Morgan in the romantic comedy film The Prince and Me, Maisy-May in the comedy television series The Lake, Olivia Kullersen (voice) in the computer-animated television series DreamWorks Dragons: The Nine Realms, and Dr. Jessica Lieberstein in the romantic comedy television series The Mindy Project.
Julia O’Hara Stiles
New York City, New York, United States
Stiles attended Friends Seminary School in Manhattan for primary education.
Julia then went to a college preparatory school called The Professional Children’s School in New York and finished schooling in 1999.
She studied and received a degree in English literature after having graduated from Columbia University in 2005.
Later, in 2010, she received a John Jay Award. The award is given by Columbia College Alumni Association to five alumni annually for professional achievements.
Actor, Producer, Director
- Father – John O’Hara (Businessperson)
- Mother – Judith Newcomb Stiles (Potter)
- Siblings – She has two siblings – both younger.
- Others – John J. O’Hara (Paternal Grandfather), Ethel H. (Paternal Grandmother), Meredith Newcomb Stiles, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Ruth “Randy” Hunsaker (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed to several talent agencies as listed below –
- Untitled Entertainment (Talent Management Company), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- John Carrabino Management
- Creative Artists Agency
Her net worth has been $12 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia Stiles has dated –
- Luke Mably – It was reported that she had a short-termed romance with English actor Luke Mably in the past. They also worked together in the 2004 romantic comedy film The Prince and Me.
- Heath Ledger (1999-2000) – In 1999, Australian actor Heath Ledger and Julia met on the set of “10 Things I Hate About You”. They dated at that time for a couple of months before parting ways in 2000.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (1999) – In 1999, actors Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Stiles were RUMORed to be dating together when they met on the set of the 1999 film “10 Things I Hate About You.”
- Josh Hartnett (1999) – In 1999, actors Josh Hartnett and Julia Stiles met on the set of the 2001 movie “O.” They dated briefly that year before calling it quits.
- Joshua Jackson (2000) – In 2000, actors Joshua and Julia were rumored to be dating each other.
- Jonathan Cramer (2006-2008) – In 2006, Stiles started dating artist Jonathan Cramer (and not a composer and musical theorist). They dated for over two years and finally called off their relationship in August 2008.
- Michael C. Hall (2010-2011) – In 2010, Julia played the role of Lumen Pierce in the TV series Dexter for 10 episodes. During that time, she was RUMORed to be dating the actor Michael C. Hall (who plays the lead role of Dexter Morgan). Their RUMORed relationship ended in 2011. During that time, Michael had also split with his wife Jennifer Carpenter.
- David Harbour (2011-2015) – In 2011, Julia started dating actor David Harbour. He is about 7 years her senior. They appeared together in the film Between Us (2012) and developed a strong connection with each other. While living together in New York City, they dated for 4 years.
- Preston J. Cook (2015-Present) – After splitting from David, she then started dating camera assistant, Preston J. Cook. They worked together in the thriller film, Blackway. On January 3, 2016, the couple revealed their engagement. In September 2017, they got married. On October 20, 2017, Julia gave birth to the couple’s first child, son Strummer Newcomb. In November 2021, it was revealed that Julia and Preston were expecting their 2nd child together. In January 2022, Julia gave birth to a baby boy named Arlo.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, and Irish ancestry.
- Strawberry blonde hair
- Deep sultry voice
33-24-35 in or 84-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She appeared in print ads for Calvin Klein Jeans in 1999.
Later, in 1993, Julia appeared in television commercials for Apple Jacks, Stoli Vodka, and Tide.
Best Known For
Playing Kat Stratford in the teen romantic comedy-drama film 10 Things I Hate About You (1999), as Carla in the comedy film State and Main (2000), and as Sara Johnson in MTV Films’ Save the Last Dance (2001).
Julia is also known for playing Lumen Pierce in the drama TV series Dexter in 2010.
Julia Stiles appeared in the 1996 romantic drama film I Love You, I Love You Not for her role as young Nana’s Friend.
First TV Show
From 1993 to 1994, Stiles played the role of Erica Dansby in the children’s mystery television series Ghostwriter for 6 episodes.
As a child, Julia didn’t pay attention to what she ate. She would eat pizza just after de-boarding the school bus with her friend. She started paying attention only after becoming a teenager.
She was a vegan previously. But, she left the practice after becoming anemic. She felt she was not getting proper nutrition and hence incorporated red meat into her diet and other foods. But, she eats meat only from good sources.
She also likes to do yoga to keep herself relaxed and stress-free.
Julia Stiles Favorite Things
- Food – Kale salad with avocado (at Locali in Los Angeles), pine nuts
- All-Time Favorite Book – The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Source – Gourmet.com, Us Magazine
Julia Stiles Facts
- Stiles started acting at 11.
- Julia first performed at New York’s La MaMa Theatre Company.
- Stiles was previously a vegan. She now eats red meat occasionally. This all happened as she was not getting proper nutrition with vegan foods while traveling. Hence, she gave up the idea of veganism.
- She is a feminist.
- Julia loves watching baseball and soccer. She is a fan of the New York Mets (baseball) and New York Red Bulls (soccer).
- She is a very big fan of horror movies.
- Since 2012, she has appeared in many episodes of the drama web series Blue for her title role as Blue.
- She grew up with Claire Danes and Zac Posen.
- Alongside Sophie Nélisse, Kathy Bates, Bill Cobbs, Billy Magnussen, Octavia Spencer, and Glenn Close, she co-starred as Courtney Rutherford Hopkins in the 2015 comedy-drama film The Great Gilly Hopkins.
- At Columbia University, she was classmates with Anna Paquin.
- She brought to life the character of Dr. Jordan Taylor in the 2021 drama film The God Committee.
- Julia has no regrets in life. She calls them life lessons.
- Though she doesn’t like collecting the stuff, but she has some hand-woven baskets to keep the room clean and not at all messed up.
- She is great at moving furniture. She sometimes feels that she has a tendency for feng shui or interior decorating.
- Her son Strummer is the most influential person in her life.
- A yoga studio or a beach is the place where she goes to relax.
- She doesn’t have any guilty pleasure.
- Her biggest splurge had been a piano.
- Julia’s first concert was Duran Duran but that was chaperoned. Her first unchaperoned concert was that of Hole.
- Being too analytical is her worst personality trait.
- She had a celebrity crush on John Cusack growing up.
- If Julia wasn’t an actress, she would have been either a journalist or a vineyard worker.
- She makes mean chicken Marbella. It is her specialty.
- On her off days, she spends time with her family and friends, cooks food, sleeps until late, and exercises.
- In her first job, she was paid $100 which was an off-Broadway play. There, she had to speak 3 lines.
- She likes watching the concert and vintage music videos on YouTube.
- She has never purchased or owned a car in her life.