|Kathy Bates Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1948|
Kathy Bates is an American actress and director who is popular for her stellar performances such as Annie Wilkes in Misery (1990), Molly Brown in Titanic (1997), Dolores Claiborne in Dolores Claiborne (1995), etc. She has more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Kathleen Doyle Bates
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Bates attended White Station High School and graduated in 1965.
She graduated with a degree in theater from Southern Methodist University in 1969.
She studied acting at the William Esper Studio in Manhattan.
- Father – Langdon Bates (Mechanical Engineer)
- Mother – Bertye Talbert (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Patricia Bates (Older Sister), Mary Bates (Older Sister)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kathy has dated –
- Tony Campisi (1978-1997) – She married fellow actor Tony Campisi in April 1991. However, they got divorced in 1997.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, German, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, and Cornish ancestry.
However, her hair has turned salt-and-pepper due to her advancing age.
Kathy Bates Favorite Things
- Films – To Kill a Mockingbird, Meet Joe Black
Source – InterviewMagazine.com
Kathy Bates Facts
- She is frequently mistaken for comedienne and actress, Roseanne Barr.
- She received an Oscar for ‘Best Actress’ for her portrayal of Annie Wilkes in the horror film, Misery (1990).
- Kathy successfully recovered from ovarian cancer in 2003. Moreover, she underwent a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012.
- Her character of Annie Wilkes was ranked as the 17th most historic villain in AFI‘s list of ‘100 Years…100 Heroes & Villains’ in 2003.
- Her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was unveiled at 6927 Hollywood Boulevard, California in September 2016.
Featured Image by iDominick / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0